TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Does anyone know what year 4.6 had the tube silencer (listed as 4.6 silencer when you go to save picture) shown in the picture at this link:
http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12how-to/airbox/airbox.htm

MN12 Performance used to sell a kit for the conversion and I believe the 1st part of the silencer is what you mount the filter to. I have found a number of his developments at SupeCoupePerformance but not this one. Hoping to find one in a boneyard or order from dealership.

Thanks
Brad

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Great Obucina said:
all tbirds had silencers.
What I am looking for is the specific one shown in the 2nd schematic at the link in the 1st post. It is listed as a 4.6 silencer. My '93 5.0 has a big box inside the fenderwell. I need that model shown to replace it.

·
The Parts Guy
7,306 Posts
94-97 4.6L's had that style silencer. If you need one, send me an email at [email protected] with your zip code for a shipped price. I should have one in stock.

-Rod

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
racecougar said:
94-97 4.6L's had that style silencer. If you need one, send me an email at [email protected] with your zip code for a shipped price. I should have one in stock.

-Rod
Thanks. Just sent you an email. I also received an email back from Rick? at MN12 Performance. This site is terrific for a new TBird owner. Especially since I am having to go through the entire suspension due to the age of the car and the years it spent sitting.

Thanks again
Brad

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Great Obucina said:
the second one is the silencer that the 4.6 cars had.

why do you want to stuff the filter closer to the ground?
Just a followup. Filter resides 3/4 inxh above the stock water drain hole in the '93 302 silencer. (right, that bifg box). Let me give you an idea of airflow results. We increased air feed a total of (spatial opening - no airspeed affect ) 4 square inches on an offshore, twin 572" engines and picked up 18 hp total (9hp per motor) . 5 square inches cost 12hp. I am not sure I am helping but I throttled an offshore boat years ago, fun when my body healed. Cool to be a part. Nobody raced years ago like what is going on today, and I am thankful. We had fun!!!! But we were not stupid. You have no understanding of the whole picture. My car, 3.08 TracLoc will now at least sqeak the tires. Still has "3" catalytic converters, 1 resonator, going into a single 2.5 inch pipe followed by 2 stock Ford mufflers. Wonder what it will do when I open the exhaust?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts