TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
not much if it's stock....and depending on how dirty your current filter is, you might gain better throttle response, and maybe a couple HP and/or ft-lb ......its been reported here that a stock paper filter will flow more than enough for a stock 4.6L

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok kewl. now i used to have a 95 with a 4.6. i heard there is a way of removing a part of the air intake to allow better air flow. i think i was a noise reducer or somethign like that. any idea?????

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Its under the air box. If you take the top off the air box and pop the filter out you'll see the tube thats in there. All you need to do it take off the wheel and the splash guard. I think there are 3 bolts holding it in.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Pooperscooper said:
Its under the air box. If you take the top off the air box and pop the filter out you'll see the tube thats in there. All you need to do it take off the wheel and the splash guard. I think there are 3 bolts holding it in.
On the 97 you don't even need to do that, I never took ANYTHING off.. just need a small wrench, some patience, and you can do it! It isn't that hard, but be careful not to get your hand cut or anything.. metal is unforgiving.

But if you want to take the wheel / splash guard off by all means go for it.

Hope I helped,

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts