TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
due to my wreck last summer and poor handling and careless use by the a$$holes at the ford dealer body shop, my k&n cone filter has many dents and bends in the wire ridges. also theres spots of gold paint here and there on it too. it just looks crappy. i tried to bend the ridges straight but its kinda hard and i dont want to cause any more damage to it. so is it possible that k&n could send me a new filter (for free) if i send them my current one?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Pretend you own a company that sells a product. Someone buys this product, beats it up, gets paint on it, and then sends it back and wants a shiny new one at no cost to them. Keep in mind this product is still functional. They just want a new one because the old one doesn't look pretty anymore. Would you give them a new one at entirely your cost?

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
if you can wait a few weeks i will probably be selling my k&n fipk cuz i will be upgrading my intake to a mac cold air induction which comes with a new cone filter so i wont need my k&n anymore.

Frank

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Mensan said:
Pretend you own a company that sells a product. Someone buys this product, beats it up, gets paint on it, and then sends it back and wants a shiny new one at no cost to them. Keep in mind this product is still functional. They just want a new one because the old one doesn't look pretty anymore. Would you give them a new one at entirely your cost?
YES - If I owned a company, I would just to spite smartasses like you. Of course, I would go out of business quickly. He should go to Ford and yell at them anyways.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah, I agree that he should go to Ford and complain. Ford should replace it at no cost, that is not the question. The question was whether or not to ask K&N. By all means, it does not hurt to ask. An opinion was asked for by all, and I answered. There are more opinions out there. If you don't like mine, don't listen to it. If it were me I would go to whomever worked on the car and messed up the filter, and be very polite about what I wanted and why. It's a $40 filter, no big deal if they just worked on the car for you for any considerable length of time. Didn't want to offend you big mike, but it seemed like the answer was in the question. JJanney, with a temper like that it's probably good that you don't own a company. But let me know if you do; I like your return policy.;)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Mensan said:
JJanney, with a temper like that it's probably good that you don't own a company. But let me know if you do; I like your return policy.;)
It's not a temper, it's just being a smartass myself. I could not own a company because of problems like these. I'd end up just saying go to Ford, they fugged your stuff up, not me. Meh, no worries.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the wreck was the initial cause of my filter being damaged but ford messed it up even more when they repaired my car. i dont know how successful i will be in getting a new filter if i go complain to ford cuz this happened last summer. they would probably ask me why didnt you ask us to replace it when you were here (i'm 9 hours away from them now). also they would say the wreck caused damage to your filter, not us (and i am positive that there was more damage to the filter when i got my car back). i doubt they would replace it for me since its not factory equipment (not real sure on how that works). im going to call K&N today and see what they say.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts