TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 451 Posts

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright boys and girls, here we go again.

KCMO SUMMER MEET '07

Lets get a good one together this year. I went to the one last year, and even with all the rain and my BS A/C problems, it was still a complete blast. Right now, this post is PURELY to figure out a timeframe that would be good for everyone. I wanna hear from everyone, when in june/july would be good for you to make it to a full blown meet (racing/showtime/cruise/pool partay/hotel walker... er best western). We talked at the last mini meet, about renting KCIR for a day. I would LOVE that to work out, so I would urge you outta towners to voice your opinions as well. The more the merrier, and the more NE, STL, OK, IA, etc. guys there would definately make it a TON better.

I'm not too far along on the planning of it... but it seems we may have Ryan B's place to party it up one night (not too hard)... he's about 3 miles from KCIR. Besides that, we'll line 'em up somewhere for a lookover and chat, possibly hit a carshow that weekend, as well as a cruise out to the lake for some pics/BBQ... dont forget RUN EM! (Again I stress I'd like to rent the track.) Plan on probly the same hotel from last year (best western on noland road), as well as some smokehouse. Bring your party hats, I hear someone's birthday is coming up... again.:D We'll get all that sorted out as time gets closer, but right now the current project around here is Micheal B's (Traveler) fix it meet in may.(post shamless plug below :rofl:) Alright, let the discussion commence, lets get the ball rolling.

-Joel

P.S. DISCLAIMER!!! I am not the sole planner of this, I'm sure some other MO/KS/probly even NE guys are gonna help with the setup. I stongly urge people to take some initiative if they would like to help... I don't wanna step on anyone's toes here and make them think it's all my deal. Everyone is more than welcome to get involved and help out. Thanks!

EDITED FOR INFORMATION CLUMPING!!!

THE DATES FOR THE MEET ARE JUNE 15-17!!!

HOTEL INFO!, courtesy of Marc...

BEST WESTERN
THIS IS ON NOLAND ROAD JUST NORTH OF I-70, NEXT TO SHERIDIANS. SAME AS LAST YEAR.
816-254-0100
JUNE 15-17, 2007
we have 8 rooms under thunderbird club of America
the group code is ( T C U )
-------------they must give this code when they make the reservations.....-------------------
or they won't get the group rate
we have
5- double bed rooms
3- single king bed rooms
74.99 a night

Thanks Marc!

ANYONE ELSE HAVING QUESTIONS SHOULD PM ME FOR INFO. MORE WILL BE ADDED AS WE GET CLOSER!

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,671 Posts
Same goes for me Joel - I'm willing to help.

One thing to keep in mind - gotta make sure we can have enough people to justify renting the track, and making it affordable for the broke students, and broke parents :p And keep in mind, us Forced Induction guys don't wanna race on a real hot day - granted, we won't be able to tell that til the time is near, but something else to consider. I'm guess alot of that will depend on the cost of the track rental and how many people we can get to actually come down.

Any idea on a date? Might wanna get that setup so that those of us who are interested in coming down can give their work enough notice to make it. For me, most weekends are good except for the weekend before and after July 4th. Working for a pop company, I'm pretty sure they'd give me the big 'hell no' on taking either weekend off. Otherwise, I don't see an issue for me.

If a cruise is planned, drive the route yourself. Probably want to keep traffic to a minimum, make them easy to run on, and have good places to sit and wait for those that get left behind for various reasons. That advice comes from Mike Albee btw :D

If I think of other suggestions, I'll post 'em up. Brainstorming is always good. A different thread can be started later with details that are for sure.

-Melon

EDIT: See.. look, I used the edit button instead of making another post within 3 minutes later :looks at Tyler:

If the track is rented, what about talking to area clubs and see if they want to come race as well. Not sure how many of us will be attending this, but we can probably make time for other clubs to run as well.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andy,

Right now thats what it's about, setting up a date. We need more inut like you gave, what weekend will work best for everyone. Once I get some more input, then I'll set a date. I'd prefer june, it isnt all too hot them sometimes. Also, we will only rent the track if we can get enough people to make it reasonable. I know you SC guys hate heat, but I can't control the weather.:D Eveyone, please post and let me know if you'd be dedicated to renting the place. I've been on the route I'm thinking of for the cruise, most of it is pretty slow, and lots of parking lots off to stop at, it's a decently long road around Blue Springs lake. Drive there, around the loop, take some pics, and come back. I'll check it out again sometime soon.

-Joel

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,671 Posts
Well, it's been almost 12 hours.... so keep your pants on haha

-Melon

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know, just trying to let people get a feel for what info I'm looking for. Evidently YOU didn't get the point! ;) I'll catch up with you about some stuff on AOL soon, I gotta run...

-Joel

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,671 Posts
I got the point.. I'm just givin ya crap :D

-Melon

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't have a specific date that will work better than any other, but I plan on attending. Sounds like my kids are going to be out of daycare for the summer (I'm sure they'll be at Grandma's for this weekend :) ) so we should have some extra money to make it down there.

Just got to get the SC fixed...

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,671 Posts
Woohoo... She's gonna buy a V8.. good girl :) You'll have work to keep up with her :p

-Melon

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, the girlie friend is lookin at mustang gt... depends on wether we can get it financed... and of course i would like ot take it out on the track. (i test drove it too)
Ok, what does this have anything to do with the summer meet? Keep it on subject, I dont want this blowing up like Traveler's thread.

-Joel

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,671 Posts
Does she read TCCoA? I kinda doubt it. Stay on topic - it's the summer meet - not what your girlfriend is looking to purchase.

And chances are - regardless as to what she would purchase, you'd want to run it at the race track anyway.

-Melon

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Ok, what does this have anything to do with the summer meet? Keep it on subject, I dont want this blowing up like Traveler's thread.

-Joel
Thank you, and I concur. Keep it on topic

Now, about the date. Has anyone suggested a date yet? Seems to me the best way is to suggest a date and see how many can and how many can't make it. Then we either agree on that weekend, or eliminate it and move to another. In that line, I'll suggest the weekend of July 21st. Who's it good for, who's it not good for?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Remember the HEAT, it will be miserable in July or June, as stated SC's are turd's
in the heat. it's March now but a date ASAP would be good for all. we have night races here, is this going to be day or night? I vote for May. ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Tyler, use the EDIT now you have 2 post?? 1 will do. deleted & created 2 more....

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The end of may would be a nice time for it, but I dont want 2 things so close together. I don't want all the outta towners to have to come down 2x, once for Travelers meet, then once for the KC meet... all in the same month. Also, I don't want someone not coming to one meet, just to go to the other. I personally am still thinking June or July, and we'll just pray for cool weather! I thought more people would be chiming in by now, lets get some more input from people before we go crazy on dates yet.

Tyler, if you spell "teh" one more time, I will drive to Wichita and stab you in the throat with my Marines sword in my trunk.

-Joel

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Our chapter (Kansas / Missouri / Nebrask) needs to have a moderator. These threads need cleaned up :p

I'm thinking June/July would be best scheduling wise, but the SCs don't like the heat. KCIR does do races after sundown. Should we plan on that? I.E. Going sometime like 5:00, and racing until closing time.

Here's a schedule for the events at KCIR.
{People who can't go} -- Date -- Event type

{} June 15 Gail’s Harley Davidson Friday Night Grudge

{} June 22 Gail’s Harley Davidson Friday Night Grudge

{Melon can't arrive until afternoon} June 23 Soul Brothers
{} June 24 Soul Brothers

{} June 29 Gail’s Harley Davidson Friday Night Grudge
{} June 30 VAMP Heads Up

{} July 6 Gail’s Harley Davidson Friday Night Grudge

{} July 13 Gail’s Harley Davidson Friday Night Grudge
{} July 14 VAMP Heads Up

{Meolon, Tyler} July 20 Odessa Ford Fastest Doorslammer event presented by KC Auto Panel (Dono if there's racing)

{} July 27 Gail’s Harley Davidson Friday Night Grudge

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just as long as teh meet is not on the weekend of the twenty first. i'm open any other weekend. matt. i deleted two posts and made two new.
Tyler, I am serious, stop posting repeat/nonsense information. Keep it clean, final warning.

Ryan, thanks for the schedule, good info there. I'd like to hit a friday night grudge night, if we dont end up renting.

-Joel

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
the fact that i am open for any weekend is new, the fact that it cant be teh 21st isnt. and you guys were too busy getting pissed at me to notice that i ASKED A QUESTION. does ANYONE know what the local car scene is like. i heard mention of hitting a car show, but i would like to know how many, and how big. i am not familiar with kc, and would like that info... if i cant get anything said without getting bashed for repeats, or my effing spelling, i wont bother coming. you guys are a joy to hang out with but why not try to lay off? and joel, telling me that my spelling of the word 'teh was off topic. should i get mad at you for that? *rant over*
now, can i just get some info, and i would liek to help plan this/ get a date/ round ppl up.

EDIT: there. now i only have ONE post. summing up EVERYTHING i have asked, or TRIED TO CONTRIBUTE.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Local car scene? www.kcsr.org Lol

There are car shows, but they usually don't have much warning. If I'm not mistaken, there is a monthly thing held up in liberty that KCMustangs.com attends regularly. Other than that, I have heard nothing. I'll keep you guys posted if something comes up.

Thanks for cleaning the thread up :p

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
thanks man.. looks like i'll have to check that out after lunch.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tyler, thanks for cleaning it up. As Ryan stated, I'm not too sure about car shows either. Jason is the one that usually knows about them. If you'd like to, you're more than welcome to research some over the summer, and see if any might line up with our meet.

-Joel

1 - 20 of 451 Posts