TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1996 Thunderbird 4.6

I'm having a problem with the RUN (5 AMP) fuse blowing every time I turn the key to ACC. So the shifter can't unlock to shift through the gears.

On this fuse there is the Daytime running lights, Electronic Variable Orifice Module, ABS (Don't have), Air Bag (Didn't mess with), Washer fluid level sensor (Have) and auto day/night mirror ( Don't have).

I have a AeroForce gauge, but unplugged it from the data link connecter, but blew again. I have no idea what the Electronic Variable Orifice Module is...

Any ideas?

Thank you,

·
Super Moderator
9,252 Posts
The EVO module is under the glove box on the passenger side. IIRC it's the lowest thing there, attached to a bracket that has two "prongs" that hold the EVO module to it - kind of centered under the glove box. I know only because mine rattles over bumps. :rolleyes:

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to clarify, in the RUN fuse there is the Daytime Running Lights not the Data Link Connector. I made the correction in my original post.

For any future searches, I think I found the problem. It was the window washer fluid sensor (Which I do have). I un-plugged the harness going to the sensor on the bottom of the washer tank and no more blown fuses. So I think I'll need to replace the sensor.

I'll update if I find anything else.

Thanks for the post B!

·
Super Moderator
10,586 Posts
There's a place there that water can puddle; I'll bet the wires are corroded together.

That's a rare problem, but good to know the fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts