TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 95 cougar and am swaping in a 4.6 dohc out of a 97 Mark VIII. i am using the Cougar harness, and having the computer retuned to run the new engine.

is there ANY way to keep the COP ignition? i know it would be easier to switch to earlier valve covers, but then i don't know where i would put the coil packs. i would much rather keep the COP. any help would be great.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm almost certain you can retain the COPS...................

Believe it or not this is a picture of my wife's 95 Tbird, with a 96/97 intake and COPS.

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
You can keep it in terms of having a seperate coil on each plug and eliminating the coil packs up front, but it won't be a true coil on plug ignition system. It will just be a waste spark setup rewired to have individual coils. You will be able to clean up the engine bay, but you won't get the advantages that COP's have over the regular coil packs.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Yes it's been done but I have also seen a lot more COP failures than I ever have CP

·
Registered
48 Posts
Does the Mark motor come with COP's? If so, wouldn't it be easier to use the Mark harness and computer? Never done it before so I'm just thinking out loud.:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts