TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inspired by the "Who's Had Their Car the Longest" thread...

Who has had a car in the family the longest, what is it, and what is the history (and a photo if you have one)?

But the caveat is that it has to be continuous. So if your folks sold a car and a few years you bought it back, that doesn't count. :tongue:

I know there are people who have me beat, but I'll go first:

1969 F100 “Explorer Edition” in the family for 38 years.

My Grandfather purchased it used in 1973 from the University of Arkansas. I bought it from him in the late 80's and have had it ever since.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
My grandparents bought a 1973 Ford F250 Camper Special Brand new from the Sunnyvale Ford dealership in 1973 - my father bought it in the 1980's, and it has been mine since 1995.

38 years in the family. One of these days it will be go to one of my sons .. :D

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Must be a Ford truck thing. I have the 1982 F-150 that my parents bought brand new.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Must be a Ford truck thing. I have the 1982 F-150 that my parents bought brand new.
Heck yeah!!! If it works, don't get rid of it!!! :znanner:

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
My grandparents bought a 1973 Ford F250 Camper Special Brand new from the Sunnyvale Ford dealership in 1973 - my father bought it in the 1980's, and it has been mine since 1995.

38 years in the family. One of these days it will be go to one of my sons .. :D

Damn that thing looks good without the tarp over it :D

·
Registered
975 Posts

TCCoA Link

Purchased by my great-grandmother in 1967 (she was the 2nd owner)

It went to my dad, who passed away late last year, and now its in my mom's basement until such time that I have the space to take care of it -- probably years from now...

·
Registered
6,111 Posts

TCCoA Link

Purchased by my great-grandmother in 1967 (she was the 2nd owner)

It went to my dad, who passed away late last year, and now its in my mom's basement until such time that I have the space to take care of it -- probably years from now...
Wow, that's a nice car....was it tough getting the car down the stairs, into the basement? :D

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Can't really compete with "in the family", but I have had this for 21 years myself and it has original paint:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Can't really compete with "in the family", but I have had this for 21 years myself and it has original paint:
I just drooled so much over your car, one of my favorite cars of all time is the FC RX-7, just a simple but beautiful car design. Its not too round, or too square or angular, it just looks good. I would give my left nut for it for sure. :)

This is my 1989 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 4x4 with a 300 and M5OD. It was ordered by my dad in May of 1989 and picked up on June 26th, 1989. Its a great truck, never getting rid of it. :)

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
My dad's 90 F-150.
4.9, 2x4, XLT Lariat E4OD, Dual tanks
$13k about 1/4 million miles now.

Very similar to Raptor's.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
The best I can do is my ranger I bought new in oct 96, 97 model. On it's second engine because a buddy blew it up being too dumb to downshift. Besides brakes and suspension the rest is mostly original. Had a couple clutches, one for maintenance and one because the oil leak from the blown engine soaked it.
Alan

·
Registered
63 Posts
1984 Mercury Cougar

My Grandfather bought this in 1984 from a dealer in Concord, CA. He passed away in 1986 and my Grandmother didn't drive much at all. In fact, we just moved her here to MO and I trailered her car here too. Her car only has 9,500 miles on it and I am keeping it in my garage now.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Nice lookin cougar, I always preferred that cougar body to others excluding the 68 style, which I think everyone likes best.
Alan

1 - 20 of 21 Posts