TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title implies I'm inquiring about adding a boost-a-pump and a boost-a-spark to my current setup (see sig).

I don't have any issues now but plan on either A: adapting m112 rotors to my m90 case or B:(if funds allow) upgrade to an autorotor setup.

I've come across some good prices on both the spark and pump boost but want to ask before I buy.

Thanks
Andy

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
I have no experience with the boost a pump but I do use the boost a spark setup. I highly recommend it. I was having some blow out issues up top and did not want to reduce the spark gap below .35 because it would compromise the idle and fuel economy.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I'm running both. I really can't speak much about the boost a pump much other than I don't have fuel supply issues. Not sure if the boost a pump makes a difference or not.

The boost a spark on the other hand makes a very noticable difference with my car. Without it, when under load, I get spark blowout on the top end to the point that it doesnt like to go much over 5000 rpms. With it there are no issues.......

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I installed the boost-a-pump on my 91, because the 255 lph pump couldn't keep up with more than a 40 HP shot. If I used the wet nitrous system it would start getting dangerously lean. With boost-a-pump set to 30% voltage increase I'm able to use a 100 HP shot without going lean. Set to 40% makes it go overly rich and I leave it set to 0% increase when not using the nitrous. So...yes it works.

Making 435 rwhp without nitrous and about 540 rwhp with it.

David

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I've got them both on my car and to be honest I didn't notice a whole lot of difference. I'm sure the BAP is doing it's job, because for what I have done to it, I haven't run out of fuel yet with the 190lph pump included in the kit. As for the BAS, they're more designed for higher manifold pressures. I still had to close my spark plug gap down to about .035-.038 with mine and others here are running just fine at moderate boost levels without one.

Were it me, I'd consider holding off on the BAS until you were moving some real volume (airflow)!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts