TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a practically brand-new Kenwood car stereo amplifier that I would like to sell. I say practically brand-new because I've only owned it for about 2 weeks and it was never really installed in my '97 T-Bird other than to test the stereo system to see if it worked and to see if the amp would fit under the driver's seat - which it wouldn't! That's the reason I'm selling it, because it wouldn't physically fit under the front seat. I didn't realize this until I put the passenger seat back in the vehicle, sat in it and then tried to move the seat back and forward - it wouldn't move because the seat track was resting on top of the amplifier! As a result, the amp has several scratches on top of it. However, other than that PURELY COSMETIC damage, the amplifier WORKS PERFECTLY!! I ended-up purchasing a Sony 4-channel amp that is only slightly less powerful but MUCH smaller, so it fit under my front seat without any clearance problems at all. I realize that I could've just mounted the Kenwood amp in the trunk, but there really wasn't any good place to mount it back there, at least in my opinion. Beside's, I had PAINSTAKINGLY wired the entire stereo system so that all the wiring looked stock and blended in with all the factory wiring, and all the wiring for the external amp all terminated just perfectly under the passenger seat! I really didn't want to go through the hassle of trying to extend the wiring back to the trunk!

Anyway, here are some specs for the amp:

• 50 watts RMS x 4 channels
  • 150 watts (peak power) x 4 channels
  • 180 watts RMS x 2 channels bridged output at 4 ohms
  • 2-, 3- and 4-channel operation
  • CEA-2006 compliant
  • High-pass (12 dB per octave) and low-pass (24 dB per octave) filters variable from 50 to 200 Hz
  • Variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
  • Cooling fan
  • MOSFET power supply
  • Speaker-level inputs with signal sensing turn-on
  • Pre-amp level inputs
  • 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended - wiring not included
  • 11-1/16"W x 2-5/16"H x 9-7/8"D
Here is a link to the page on crutchfield.com where you can view complete info on this amp: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KAC8404/Kenwood-KAC-8404.html?tp=115

This unit retails for $229.99 on crutchfield.com; I am asking $125.00 for it shipped to anywhere in the U.S.

Thanks,

Dennis

P.S. - I have pics of this amp to show you what it looks like/the condition it's in but I don't know how to insert an image with my posting. Send me a PM with your regular e-mail address, if you're interested, and I can send you pics.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should also add that the amp will come packaged in it's original box with all the papers (manual, warranty card, etc) and accessories that it came with.

And, if it makes anyone feel better about buying this amp from me, I sell a lot of stuff on eBay under the name 1997_taurus_lx (I had a Taurus when I created my eBay account) - feel free to check-out my 100% positive feedback rating! I am proud of that feedback rating and it's 100% positive because I am very honest in my descriptions of the items I sell!

I am attempting to sell the amp on here first, before I try eBay, because it's car-oriented and I won't have to pay any eBay seller's fees! :)

I also have this amp listed on Craigslist in Cleveland, OH.

Thanks,

Dennis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts