TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
went out to start the car tonite and the key wouldnt turn, its kinda like when the steering wheel is locked, but it wasnt locked and i wiggled the steerin wheel and stuff, still no luck, someone plz help me quick, and if u need more info lemme know what u need to know thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, i messed around a lil more and finally got the key to turn but i had to push the brake:confused: i never had this problem before, now that i did that it will start fine even without the brake but a few times i had to push the brake again, if that makes sense..i tried about 10 times and had to use brake at least 3 times

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
do you have ABS? i think pressing the brake to start your car is anti-theft device related.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well that COULD be the problem, cept ive had this car for like 5 yrs and driven it everyday and tonite was the first time ive EVER had to press the brake to start it, ne other ideas

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
Next time it happens, check if you're shifter is pushed all the way forward into park. I've had this happen a few times, all I have to do is push forward a bit on the shifter and the key turns.

-Rod

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
also...i bet you locked your steering wheel...try turning the wheel back and foth next time while turning the key.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also...i bet you locked your steering wheel...try turning the wheel back and foth next time while turning the key.
...its kinda like when the steering wheel is locked, but it wasnt locked...
thanks for the idea though haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts