TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i put my key inside the door lock i turn it both ways but nothing happens...what should i do to fix this?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Just a guess but may be one of the rods has come loose. I would remove the door panel and give it a good look while having someone turn the key. May find something obvious.
Rob

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had the same problem. I will bet it is a plastic clip that connects to the lock cylinder and one of the locking rods. If you pull the door panel off, remove the clip from the door jamb, and wiggle the lock cylinder out, you will see the clip is missing. It is probably hanging on the rod inside the door.
It is a pain to get hooked back up again, but once you do it a couple of times (like me) it gets pretty easy.

Or have a remote installed. I am hoping to get that done sometime after my HG's get replaced.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Could also be your key. Do you have another set to try? After years of use, the teeth start to wear away. Occasionally when opening my door, I need to jiggle the key around a bit before it actually unlocks. I eventually just started using my spare and it unlocks perfectly now.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i never used the door lock until just recently...my alarm stopped working so this shop completely removed it and i had to start using the key to unlock everything. im thinking it might be the plastic thing that blkadder is saying. i might just try and switch the lock from the passenger door with the drivers door.

·
Mr. Jiggy Fly
744 Posts
Remote Start is the way to go!!! I love mine!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'll jump on the bandwagon too. Yes remote starts are great. Like someone else pointed out it could also be the key itself. I know on my old cadillac I had to have three sets of extra keys made because they couldn't get them right. Serves me right for going to wal-mart.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My local dealer said he had to order it($4.00 plus $12.00 shipping), would take two weeks, and why don't I trade the old junker in. So I left there, and took a couple out of some cars at the junkyard. This way I have a couple of spares laying around in case it breaks another clip.

The only problem I have had, is my gf pops the clip off when she wrenches the key in the wrong direction. I have gotten pretty good at replacing it. Takes about fifteen minutes to put the clip back on the tumbler assembly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts