TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to change the code on the keyless entry? I just purchased the car over the weekend and would like to change the code. Also, how do I use it to open the trunk, passenger door and such?

Thanks....

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
After you enter the code....press 3 for passenger side door......press 5 for trunk.....
If you change the code..I am pretty sure the orginal one will still work....
--Craig

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sorry 91GoldCat, I have the original expensive azz Ford service manual and I cant find out how to change the code anywhere!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Enter the original code, once the door unlocks press "1" and then your new 5 digit code. That should do it.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
keyless entry codes

Howe can my friend figure out his keyless entry codes on his '89? The sticker in the trunk doesn't seem to be present. Thanks guys
-Rob

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Re: keyless entry codes

Rob said:
Howe can my friend figure out his keyless entry codes on his '89? The sticker in the trunk doesn't seem to be present. Thanks guys
-Rob
It should be on a small white sticker somewhere on the trunk lid (mine is on the hinge arm) and on the computer housing.
I knew but have now forgotten the procedure to reprogram if you don't have the original.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Re: Re: keyless entry codes

soop said:

It should be on a small white sticker somewhere on the trunk lid (mine is on the hinge arm) and on the computer housing.
I knew but have now forgotten the procedure to reprogram if you don't have the original.
If it is not there look by your interia switch.They put them there also just in case someone removes it from the trunk leg.Hope its there.
Chris

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

Thanks guys for the help. It works... This is my first vehicle with the touch pad on it and there is no owners manual, so Thanks again to all that posted...

Steve

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Re: Thanks

91GoldCat said:
Thanks guys for the help. It works... This is my first vehicle with the touch pad on it and there is no owners manual, so Thanks again to all that posted...

Steve
Which side of Jax are you on?
Chris

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Southside...

My brother is here also. He has a 97 Cougar. 4.6L lots of mods... We should get together sometime and swap stories.

Steve

·
Registered
286 Posts
The keyless entry module should have its default code on it somewhere. You can also tell from the position of 5 resistors inside it, but you have to be looking at a unit with a known code to give you a map of how the internal wiring relates to the code.

Remember that if you enter a custom code, its gone if you have to disconnect the battery for service....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts