TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my opinion, I am being a hipocrite(?) by not reading something that so many have faith in. This comes at the end of a long struggle between me and the sins of the world. My, My, My, I doubted people just for there beliefs, let me refraze, for there relijous beliefs. My wifes cousin is staying with us, he tells me that he does two things, works out by lifting and reads the bible. This respose blew me away! I understood the lifting aspect of it, but the bible! This respose knocked me off my doubt horse. And made me relize something, that, maybe is long over due. I dare not say that I am going back to the church that I once believed in so much. I am going to really look in to the bible. The main thing that caught my heart, I guess that is what I mean. In the last 17 years I have not had that welling up feeling you get when the pastor says something that pertains to your life. Well, My cousin did it, He just spouted it out,
The person that speaks a kind words, may for ever expect words of kind.

Holy Crap! That is just so insight ful! I guess I never sat down and really listened to the bible. Maybe I was to... closed of to hear the real meaning behind some of these stories. Call it hate or fear, but I had a lot of faith untill four very close people where taken from me when I needed them most. Come on, did you expect me to say, "I am just too cool for god"? Naw, I had people torn from me when I needed them. I never forgave god for this. No, I don't want my veiws to change the way others think. I just want my spiritual side back...

Eric

By the way, what is your favorite bible verse!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Excellent!

online sermon videos from my church that will really talk to you www.lifechurch.tv

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was just recently Baptized last week finally, I have been studing the Bible now for 8 months, and finally it was time to show my faith, my girlfriends father is a preacher where I attend church and also has the worlds largest Bible website

www.bible.ca

there isnt much out there that can not be found on there and if there is, just ask.

just takes 5 things remember,

believe, repent, confess, be baptized and then remain faithfull

The website will also help you to decide on the path you choose to follow, because remember there are the wrong types of religions out there that have set aside from what the bible says and teaches, and they have made up thier own ways of life ex. holy days, a "pope" having stronger prayers then you or I, daily offerings, being Baptized by sprinkling instead of full immersion. It goes on and on, So I urge you to study before making any decsions.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
You might want to pick up a newer translation of the Bible called "The Message" it's an EXTREMEMLY easy to read version. I frequently like to have that, a KJV and perhaps a NIV or NASV around and read important passages in all three. I feel it helps (me at least) to really grasp what's being said.

There are several guys on here who would be more than happy to help answer any questions you may have if you don't want to consult your local pastor. And Big-Al has devoted most of the last several years of his life to Biblical and religious studies. The man KNOWS his stuff.

Welcome back to the fold. This is one of the beauties of God and salvation. No matter what, no matter why, no matter when, He is there when you seek him. No thing you can do, think or say will ever diminish His love for you in the least.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Sir William said:
...Nothing you can do, think or say will ever diminish His love for you in the least.
Unless of course you don't believe in him, then he is going to condemn you, and doom you to burn in hell for the rest of eternity. :leftright

Sorry guys, but I just couldn't resist. :D

HOWEVER, I do applaud funderbird for doing whatever helps him in his life!!! One can never have too much information before making an informed decision! :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
3,594 Posts
I hate to interrupt but I have a few insightful phrases you might like too:

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish, feed him for the rest of his life.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Don't eat yellow snow.

Etc.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
Unless of course you don't believe in him, then he is going to condemn you, and doom you to burn in hell for the rest of eternity.
No Don, you're wrong. He doesn't condemn us. We are condemned as soon as we pass the age of understanding. We are condemned by our sinful nature. God loves you as much as He loves me and as much as He loves every other person on earth. He has a love for you and I that no words could ever do justice to. The difference is that I care that He loves me and you don't. :(

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Sir William said:
No Don, you're wrong. He doesn't condemn us. We are condemned as soon as we pass the age of understanding. We are condemned by our sinful nature. God loves you as much as He loves me and as much as He loves every other person on earth. He has a love for you and I that no words could ever do justice to. The difference is that I care that He loves me and you don't. :(
Well I don't know about you, but if I love someone I'm not going to throw him or her into a burning pit of lava for eternity. :beek:

But maybe my definition of love and God’s definition of love is different. :D

But I want to strongly interject that I respect your beliefs and will fight for your right to have those beliefs… until it interferes with MY beliefs.

·
Resident Gun Guru
672 Posts
It is great reading what some of you have written..............it made me feel good :)

But it made me feel a little ashamed because I have been away from my church for a couple years now............ and struggling to get back and struggling to live the way I know I'm suppose to.............

Eric, the loss of loved ones is always difficult, but these and other trials come before us at different times in our lifes as tests of our faith..its times like these we should turn to the Lord not away...........he is always there waiting for us, just knock and the door will be opened.........

I know that when I was trying everyday to live the way the Lord wants me to,........I still encountered trials in my life, but the solutions seemed to come easier when your praying daily and trying to live a rightous life...... by repenting, attending church, paying tithing, reading the scriptures.........living and sharing the Gospel is what everyone should be doing..........

The Lord loves us no matter what and He is waiting for us :)

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Well Don, look at it this way. You love your children and would lay down your life for them in a heartbeat. You never want them to experience even the tiniest amount of pain or anguish. But, if you tell them over and over and over that if they don't do a particular thing, they're going to be punished, you know you have to punish them. You know it will hurt them and they won't like it, but you also know that it has to be done. I don't view God's love for us much differently. He has told us for thousands of years what to do and how to do it. If we still don't listen, we have been told the consequences.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow! Had no Idea I would get this type of response! Thanks, I find it harder to get through my day with out having my kids know what they need to know. Shure I teach them morals...But morals with out faith is just...Doing right because you are affraid of the punishment and not for the good of others....Peace out...My fellow religous folk...

Eric

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hmmm... favorite verses... there are too many... but I really like the Parable of the Tenants (Matthew 21:33-46); don't ask me why, I'm a Mel Gibson-type. Other favorites are the Parables of the Lost Sheep, Lost Coin, and Lost Son (Luke 15).

John

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
My favorite version is by far the King James version.. I'm not sure what it is, but it's the only one I prefer to read.

And my favorite passage- which I learned as soon as I was old enough to memorize it:

Psalm 144:2 - My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

I almost wet myself when I heard Barry Pepper aka Private Jackson (who also happens to be one of my favorite actors, no less) reciting that passage in "Saving Private Ryan" in 1998!

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
The Bible teaches that everyone has a choice to except Christ or not. You are your own jury, in a sense. You decide your own fate. If you choose to reject Him, then you have determined your eternal fate and Christ will only agree with you and send you to the end of the path you yourself have chosen.

I chose Christ. Why? Because of my favorite passage:
Revelation 5:9-10

9And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Who doesn't want to serve such a wonderful God? :D

Choose you this day who you will serve. God, or the world. For no man can have two masters. (a little Old Testament quote for ya!)

·
Registered
814 Posts
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
Unless of course you don't believe in him, then he is going to condemn you, and doom you to burn in hell for the rest of eternity. :leftright

Sorry guys, but I just couldn't resist. :D

HOWEVER, I do applaud funderbird for doing whatever helps him in his life!!! One can never have too much information before making an informed decision! :thumbsup:
He is going to condemn you or you made sure you were condemned yourself? Again i couldn't resist.
Welcome funderbird.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts