TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad and I were test-driving a customer's car the other night, a Nissan Altima. It has an electrical problem where the car will eventually stall at some point while driving. We had driven south across the river into Punta Gorda, drove around a bit more, and we were on the bridge back into Port Charlotte. As we got near the top of the bridge, yep, you guessed it, the engine sputtered and died. Somehow we crested the bridge and coasted all the way down. Pulled over and turned on the flashers.

The customer had told us earlier that when this happens, she just has to wait a few minutes and it will start again, so we were waiting. As we were sitting there, an Audi Allroad wagon pulls over in front of us. I thought they were going to try to help us, but they didn't get out of the car! Next thing I know an old F150 pulls up behind us, and he too remains in his vehicle!

My dad and I are completely puzzled, no clue what is going on. We were just sitting there and we hear a knock on the window. It was a Punta Gorda Police Officer. Here's the dialogue:

"You broken down or something?"

"Yes sir, we were just test-driving this customer's car and it died. It should be able to start up in about 5 minutes though."

"Oh, ok, I just wondered because I only meant to pull 2 cars over, and I got out of my car and there were three! Have a good night."

"Thanks."

So those other two people got speeding tickets, both pulled over by the same cop!

Those PGPD boys are nasty!

Well, I thought it was funny.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
hey do you live around here?

I'm in North Port, the cops here suck worse than the PG copigs do. But the Charlotte County Sheriff's dept. isn't too bad...well if you ever see a white 97 T-Bird Limited Editon, greyish-silver rims with blue centers, red brake calipers, says Ford Racing on the windshield...well that's me. LOL about that Altima: "That's what you get for driving a Riceburner!"

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm in Port Charlotte. PG cops are bad, but it is generally accepted that North Port is the worst around. I think they were in the top 10 in some magazine or something...

CCSO isn't bad, you're right...

I'll keep an eye out for you...I'm in a much more common car, not really personalized exterior yet...but I'm in a red 95 Cougar with the stock geometric spoke rims and a "mini-spoiler" (luggage rack). Oh, and now removed mufflers and stainless rolled oval tips.

See ya around!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts