TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to sell my 1988 Dodge Daytona C/S so I can buy a replacement engine and tranny for my bird. I would even trade the car for a good set that didn't need a rebuild that I could just drop in. Just putting it out there if someone is interested. Red, auto, stereo, 2.2 turbo, 1400 obo.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
what condition is the auto tranny in? those things eat transmissions like candy, lol, or at least mine did, how does it run, and how many miles on the odo? lmk.....later'z....:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thing runs great, but the odo stopped at like 130,000 when I replaced the head. There is I would guess 150,000 on it now. The transmission works great. There is some rest below the doors, infront of the rear wheels. The best part would be the stereo. A two amp system, Clarion and Alpine, with a Panisonic Hu with an eight disk changer. The Clarion pushes two ten inch Clarion subs, and the Alpine pushes the rear 5x7's. The head unit pushes front 5x7's, a set of tweeters and some 4in fronts if I ever get them in. It all cost me about $1500 new two years ago. The main deal is a car that you can run basically for free. I will try to get some pics up soon.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
i second that, those daytonas are bada$$ed, i wish mine was a turbo though, i made it look the part though, i added the spoilers and a glasspack, it had the 2.5L 4 cylinder, the thing was a total slug off the line but once it got rolling it would do every bit of the 125 on the speedometer, it took a while but it got there, lol, the strong point is in the cornering capability though, mine cornered like it was on rails with the stock 14" 70 series rubber, i prolly will put some 17" rims and tires on it if i ever get it running again, lol... later'z....:D

oh, and it was on a closed course in mexico where i saw what it could do, the 125 i mean, before somebody says anything,....mmkay, :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
I had a 87 daytona shelby. I loved that car. I had the 2.2 turbo, changed it to a 2.5 lower end and 2.2 head and turbo... took the computer out of a omni gls and that little car moved!!! I couldn't keep head gaskets on it though, kept toasting them... lol

The tranny never gave me a problem. If you have the time and can afford it, keep it!

John

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
keep the daytona, bro, those things are getting few and far between, seriously though, maybe sell your audio gear to get enough cash to fix your bird, that's what i would do, lol, my daytona is parked for now but eventually it will get running again as soon as i get finished with my bird i will get around to fixing it, later'z.....:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts