Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
inserts

Hello

Yes, those are the inserts. They don't look like the picture.

Not a hard mod. But you will need shock housings.

:cool:

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
tighten them down all the way and you can feel the paint lines in the road ;)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I have Koni's in the front. Like them a lot. Add the Cobras rears and you will be good ta go.

SWS

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I'm sporting KONI's all around....just remember to reuse your front strut housings! Just get the kit from SCP it has all four struts in it. They are VERY stiff, I out cornered a z06 the other day on a 90 degree turn. I MEAN 90 degrees too!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just spotted that the Koni website has a full set of sport shocks for $517.50. Shipping was a reasonable $15.52 to my address for a total of $533.02. Too bad I paid $570 two weeks ago.

I just ran through the billing procedure which said there may be tax included, why can they tell if there is or is not tax.:mad: Anyway, THMotorsports is also running a sale for $542.80 with free shipping. This might be a good time to buy Konis if you are working and have the money.

·
Banned
613 Posts
what are your top 3 choices in best suspension... that also work with ARC. i had Konis on my camaro..... awesome ride. but i don't like fiddling too much with adjustable stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
they aren't difficult to adjust... Spin the cap on the top of them. I run mine full out on mine. I enjoy feeling every bump hehe. Koni's are where it's at. ANd you'll never have to replace them They last forever.

·
Super Moderator
5,166 Posts
How about tocikos?
From what I understand (and if I'm wrong. someone will correct me!) that's who made the original shocks for Ford for the ARC.

They're what I'm looking at for Sweetie's Cougar (a 1991 XR7) to replace the (factory!) dampeners.

If you find some other brand that still works with the ARC, however, please post here - I haven't so far.

RwP

·
Banned
613 Posts
they aren't difficult to adjust... Spin the cap on the top of them. I run mine full out on mine. I enjoy feeling every bump hehe. Koni's are where it's at. ANd you'll never have to replace them They last forever.
not hard to adjust...fine.. but why do i have to take apart the factory strut and put the Konis inside? 30 min of labor each side?? just to remove pick it apart? is that due to the ARC?

http://supercoupeperformance.com/partBrowser.aspx?partId=263

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
not hard to adjust...fine.. but why do i have to take apart the factory strut and put the Konis inside? 30 min of labor each side?? just to remove pick it apart? is that due to the ARC?
From what I understand, the fronts are inserts; in that you cut apart the originals, and mount them inside.

Going to be fun with the gas charged shocks I have for donors... :rolleyes:

I ordered a set when dude first posted this thread; the price has been going up for years. The were over 600 just before Christmas. A sudden price decrease is a bad sign, they might be EOL.

·
Super Moderator
5,166 Posts

·
Banned
613 Posts
that sux. i dont feel like taking apart shocks. how much of a pain is that?

what happens to the ARC when you use the konis?

·
Super Moderator
5,166 Posts
You lose the ARC on all but ARC-compatible shocks.

You should be able to get some non-insert dampeners - but do remember, either way, you've got to remove the springs from the dampeners.

RwP

·
Banned
613 Posts
how you figure. everyone else says the tokicos are direct bolt on. Konis are the only ones you have to take apart oem shock.... now im confused:confused:

·
Super Moderator
5,166 Posts
how you figure. everyone else says the tokicos are direct bolt on. Konis are the only ones you have to take apart oem shock.... now im confused:confused:
The Tokicos ARE direct bolt on/in. BUT - the lower spring mount for the front springs are ... the outer dampener housing! So yah, you've got to remove the springs to do the direct bolt in.

This becomes obvious when you look at it.

Lemme see ...

Yep, look at http://forums.tccoa.com/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=2806 for a good pic of Tokicos installed on the front.

RwP

1 - 20 of 24 Posts