TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my Koni adjustable shocks in. I was ready to install them like any other set of shocks but the instructions are confusing me since they have no words, just pictures. For those who have these, let me know if I got this right. They have 6 levels of adjustment right? You get the first 4 levels by clamping the top part of the shock to a vise (not the thread), push in the shock and rotate it 4 times to get the maximum adjustability, right? After that, when you are done installing the shocks you can adjust the remaining 2 levels with the supplied knob right? This is how you get the 6 levels right?

10 minutes later:

Ok, so i pressed them in an rotated the shock. There were no "clicks" it was more like a "bump." Ths shock retracts back to the normal position very slowly. If I rotated it back the other way it retracks faster. Am I doing this right? Missing something? When I press it in and rotate it seems like I can roatate it forever.

Can someone help. They are the koni's for a tbird

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
ok. Have you installed the cartridge into the factory shock body?

for adjustment, you do it in rotation increments. Mine didnt have any clicks, i just had to adjust via rotations. 2 full turns was max stiffness, i run 1 turn in the front on my car. remember, the Koni Sports for our cars are adjustable to rebound only.

if i adjust them. I install the knob and turn to the minimum setting, then turn the stiffness up accordingly.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Hello

Can you post or send me pictures of these shocks installed?
[email protected]

I need to see how they look. Do they look stock?

Thank you PAUL
yes they look stock....almost. they are yellow and have a small "thumb" on top that you put the control knob over. The Fronts are a cartridge that you install into the OEM shock body.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
The Konis for our cars are infinitely adjustable between full soft and full soft, about 2-1/4 turns between those settings. As small as a 1/4 of a turn will make a noticeable difference.

cheers
Ed N.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts