TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Tbird - JO'Neil long block, TFHS trans, Quarterhorse tuned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i about about to buy the koni yellows for the front.

anyone have an opinion on a reputable vendor with competitive prices?

BTW - rockauto came through...my UCA, LCA and strut rod bushings arrived. discount code saved me a couple $ to boot.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
I got mine from Tirerack.com. shox.com sells them also.

You know about the fronts being a cartridge insert correct?

After you install the cartridge, the yellow body will be covered up by the old shock body. I painted my shocks to match the Koni yellow color of the rear shocks.

joseph

·
Registered
1994 Tbird - JO'Neil long block, TFHS trans, Quarterhorse tuned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep - know they are inserts and i have links to a couple of the writeups.

come to think of it, i do not have the top side dust covers on there now...i may need to find some if the koni's don;t come with them.

not sure i have a definitive koni part number to narrow my search....just the tbird application webpage.

i have done a pretty thorough search for online stores....wanted to make sure i wasn't missing the low price tccoa-insider source ;)

i also need to add a bump stop like the ones included with the mn12 front end kit. i have bottomed out on the "historic" roads here in savannah....i think thats why my current set ruptured. haven't found a source of those yet.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Bill H said:
yep - know they are inserts and i have links to a couple of the writeups.

come to think of it, i do not have the top side dust covers on there now...i may need to find some if the koni's don;t come with them.

not sure i have a definitive koni part number to narrow my search....just the tbird application webpage.

i have done a pretty thorough search for online stores....wanted to make sure i wasn't missing the low price tccoa-insider source ;)

i also need to add a bump stop like the ones included with the mn12 front end kit. i have bottomed out on the "historic" roads here in savannah....i think thats why my current set ruptured. haven't found a source of those yet.
I got a set of shocks from LX-Tasy to use as blanks. He might be able to hook you up.

I think Tirerack lists a part number...

I got mine from tirerack because I could trust them and dropping as much money as I did, I didnt want to get shafted.

There are some crappy roads here in S. Florida, with the firmness of my shocks which I keep at 1/2 turn, I dont bottom out on anything. Of course, Ive never rolled through savannah.

joseph

·
Registered
239 Posts
I got mine from Tirerack.com. shox.com sells them also.

You know about the fronts being a cartridge insert correct?

After you install the cartridge, the yellow body will be covered up by the old shock body. I painted my shocks to match the Koni yellow color of the rear shocks.

joseph
how did u go bout depressurizing the old strut to tell u the truth im a little nervous bout that.:confused:

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
You really don't have to worry about it; unless you have a set sitting in front of you; they were discontinued.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Want to sell them? :D

I drilled out the bottom of the shock, between the 'ears' of the lower mount; where the 12mm bolt will go thru to hold it together when you're done.

:)

Cover it with a rag as you go thru, and use a small (1/16") drill bit.

The oil that comes out of the old shock will be nasty; do it outside. :)

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Want to sell them? :D

I drilled out the bottom of the shock, between the 'ears' of the lower mount; where the 12mm bolt will go thru to hold it together when you're done.

:)

Cover it with a rag as you go thru, and use a small (1/16") drill bit.

The oil that comes out of the old shock will be nasty; do it outside. :)
+1 for nasty oil. It's not THAT much pressure so no worries, I LOVE my KONI inserts. The adjustable feature is awesome as well!

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Mine are yellow still; inside a black housing, lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts