TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I've already contacted Kooks, we're looking at a full stainless 1 3/4" long tubes they may be stepped. Just seeing if there is interest in people wanting them.

The mid-length headers just don't seem to be a good gain over ported manifolds, I would be taking them a car to do the intial setup would be high. I'll have prices later on just a set of long tubes for and mn12 4.6 V8 car.

Robert

·
Super Moderator
11,929 Posts
I'd be interested. If this deal goes through my mid-length headers would be available for sale to the highest bidder. :D

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
I'd eventually be interested, when I have the spare cash. I'd love to see them though! :)

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This will prolly only happen on my car as there isant gonna be any interest, and I'd have to front the money, which isant a problem, just prolly not enough tbird people

·
3,734 Posts
How much do you think they'd ask for a set? Unfortunately, this can only be a pipe dream for me, for now.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's the up front money, they would only be able to be sold by me and I'd have to buy 10 sets at a time, I'd but mid length but hat how there setup, do not like the 3 bolt flange etc I may just either buy a mustang set see what needs to be modifiedor have them do me custom set

·
3,734 Posts
Have you seen what guitar maestro is doing in the exhaust section? I think he's modifying a set of Mustang long tubes to work with his Cougar.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Have you seen what guitar maestro is doing in the exhaust section? I think he's modifying a set of Mustang long tubes to work with his Cougar.
Not modifying, modified. Past tense. As in done :D

And yea Rob knows, he just wants larger headers for his mega-powered beast.

·
3,734 Posts
Not modifying, modified. Past tense. As in done :D

And yea Rob knows, he just wants larger headers for his mega-powered beast.
If you had to do it again, how much coinage would it cost someone if they asked you to do a set?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol

·
3,734 Posts
Jeez...I don't need headers that bad...yet.

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,255 Posts
I'll take a pair.
Couldn't the mid-legth's just be extended?

·
Registered
605 Posts
I know what they told me it would be if I took my car down there for a set.. 2k for a custom set of long tubes. I was like ouch lol.

·
The Parts Guy
7,274 Posts
I'll take a pair.
Couldn't the mid-legth's just be extended?
I'm waiting until the crap JetHot coating gets worse on my set before doing that very thing.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
I know what they told me it would be if I took my car down there for a set.. 2k for a custom set of long tubes. I was like ouch lol.
Thats not bad. A custom set from stainless headers website is $1600 for mild, and around 1800 for SS, but you have to do the fit-up work.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well it's 2750 for a custom set even more if u want a jig for them, I'm just unsure of gains

·
3,734 Posts
That's nuts! I think I'll stick to some ported stock manifolds at that rate.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts