TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
i think thay make it easier to build the rest of of the system off a set of headers

·
Registered
814 Posts
Looks expensive.

·
Registered
401 Posts
i don't see the point in those

·
Registered
457 Posts
Damn Driller, you really do use every chance you can get to show off that set-up.

·
Registered
814 Posts
He should, it's a nice set up.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I had mine custom built.

:D

.........................................Wow................. I like that. So im guessing it isn't true that you could burn a valve with a straight exhaust? And it has to be loud.

I like it though. I may have to seal your idea, make a slight change, and say its all new!!!! J/k It does give me ideas though. How much did that cost?

And I know Im way off topic.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Dumping the exhaust.

Years ago maybe but today an exhaust can be set up with little to no restriction. In fact it looks like there is a pretty good system on there without the cut-outs.

·
Registered
401 Posts
no, i meant the 6" straight pieces, kinda useless....the angled downtubes, yes

i know there's a point in dumping, lol, as i too am running cutouts....great for making lots of noise, lol, didn't make it any faster, guess i didn't put enough restrictions in my exhaust, lol

driller-thats a mighty low time for that power....what converter u runnin, how light is ur car...sorry to change the subject

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
driller-thats a mighty low time for that power....what converter u runnin, how light is ur car...sorry to change the subject
I don't think it is..I went 12.98 @ 103 with 254rwhp and at 3700lbs.
JL

·
Registered
401 Posts
damn...guess i really do need a new converter

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
The proper question would be how heavy is the car. LOL

Race weight is generally 4050 pounds depending upon fuel level.

But in full disclosure, the 13.4 was with a negative density altitude. I generally run 13.6-13.8 depending upon the track and weather.

The remainder of the exhaust is basically wide open. I'm running Hooker's mufflers that are open straight through. The only restriction would be reversion at the cutout Y pipes when the cutouts are closed.

One of my dreams is to rig a WOT switch and timer to hold the cutouts closed for a time yet to be determined before opening the cutouts at higher rpms. I believe it would be possible to utilize more torque at the launch then less restriction to HP once the cutouts open at the higher rpms. :rolleyes:

...I went 12.98 @ 103 with 254rwhp and at 3700lbs.
I believe it's entirely possible to do, but I'm curious what what the RWTQ numbers were.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
I believe it's entirely possible to do, but I'm curious what what the RWTQ numbers were.
254.1 rwhp @ 5000rpms,and 297.1 ft-lbs @4200rpms.
JL

1 - 20 of 29 Posts