TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a set of kooks headers for sale. Ceramic coated 1 5/8 primaries, and 2 1/2 inch collectors. They're in great condition. Had these on my car, and had to part it out. 500 bucks shipped to lower 48. Paypal only please. Also selling locally, so serious offers only please. I dont have a way to post pics, but if you're serious, I can text you some. Thanks for looking. SOLD

·
Super Moderator
9,174 Posts
Midlengths for the 2v I assume?

·
Super Moderator
11,905 Posts
Wa, Wha, What!???

You're parting out the Silver Slut?

What's going on. PM me if you have to.

Hope you're doing ok.

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already parted it. I was just unlucky with other people F-ing up my car. both rear quarter panels were messed up from people hitting it and running in parking lots... Big rock flew up and busted the windshield, and the front bumper was still messed up from my wife jumping a ditch with it. The motor probably needs some new rings cause it started smoking in the upper rpms from blow-by. My friend got the suspension front and rear and wheels and tires to live on in a 50s ford he's building. I saved the motor and supercharger, trans and tq converter, driveshaft, computer and engine related electrical stuff, and the cowl hood. That stuff is also for sale, but my friend is trying to Jew me out of everything but the headers cause he wants it for a fox body (engine, trans, vortech) for 1500, and I won't do it. Need to sell this stuff, cause the thunderbird I bought from Darrin, the tq converter went out, and took the trans with it, so I'm out 2 grand on that. Been having a long run of bad luck vehicle wise

·
Registered
874 Posts
Already parted it. I was just unlucky with other people F-ing up my car. both rear quarter panels were messed up from people hitting it and running in parking lots... Big rock flew up and busted the windshield, and the front bumper was still messed up from my wife jumping a ditch with it. The motor probably needs some new rings cause it started smoking in the upper rpms from blow-by. My friend got the suspension front and rear and wheels and tires to live on in a 50s ford he's building. I saved the motor and supercharger, trans and tq converter, driveshaft, computer and engine related electrical stuff, and the cowl hood. That stuff is also for sale, but my friend is trying to Jew me out of everything but the headers cause he wants it for a fox body (engine, trans, vortech) for 1500, and I won't do it. Need to sell this stuff, cause the thunderbird I bought from Darrin, the tq converter went out, and took the trans with it, so I'm out 2 grand on that. Been having a long run of bad luck vehicle wise
Why I hardly ever take my car out. Nobody else drives the car but me.. and my wife knows that. She won’t go near it even though it sits in the middle of the garage.. last time she scraped some plastic box all down the driver side door and I about divorced her over it lol but it buffed out.
Sorry you had to go threw all that, people suck and bad luck is even worse. Hopefully one day you can get another one and drop the drivetrain in. Silverslut2 or blue slut, green slut, white slut I can keep going lol

·
Administrator
8,007 Posts
Sorry to hear this Blake. :(

You don't want to put the tranny and torque converter you have into Darren's car?

Joe

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wrong model trans. We put it in and it didn't work. Different sensors. Just had the trans in the white one rebuilt, and had a 2700 stall put in. Cost me 1800. Runs soooo much better on the street.That converter was a pos. How do you even stall a factory converter to 3800 anyway... cause that SOB burned itself up quick...

·
Super Moderator
10,392 Posts
...That converter was a pos. How do you even stall a factory converter to 3800 anyway... cause that SOB burned itself up quick...
Any comment on where you got it? Or; what color is it painted? :)

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was the one that was in darrins car. RobertP would probably know who stalled it, but the trans guy I went to said he wouldn't even take it as a core, because it was too modified, and was the reason the trans died. Runs good now though. It always ran like it was slipping, though. Nothing like the 9 inch 3500 in the slut. I liked how that one felt, and it locked hard.

·
Super Moderator
9,174 Posts
IIRC it was another of AB's inventions. FWIR it failed once and RobertP managed to get AB to redo it (how I'll never know). Sounds similar to what happened on mine last summer (though I'm not sure if it was the TC or trans that went, still waiting on Darrin to tear it down).

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Who was the original owner, who did the mods on SS?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Thanks Matt, I thought so, but wasn't sure.... It's been a long time. I met Eric and the Silver Slut at SSHS 3 back in November 2003. I've got some pix of Eric and his car, along with all of the rest of the members' cars that were there for the event..... Back then, Eric and I were both running N/A. He had PI heads and I had Jim O'Neill's third set of PNP NPIs with Comp Cams. Eric and I raced for fun that day.

Man that whole experience was a blast, meeting all the guys from all over that posted up on the Boards, checkin' out the cars, and after the races, we all went to a restaurant in Commerce for dinner.... Lots and lots of laughter and good natured banter...

:cool:

-mike

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,905 Posts
Ah the good old days...

Tbird meets are the best. I haven't been to one since the JBMN Summer Blast in 2014 and the Carlisle all FORDS meet in 2015. I was really hoping to make the EPIC Drive this spring but, alas, I''m going to miss that too. Here's hoping for a great Carolina Thunder turn out this fall. You're all invited!

We usually meet the weekend after Thanksgiving and head over to the Fayetteville track. If there's enough interest we might add another venue.

I'll certainly plan on making the EPIC drive next year if they hold it again.

Sorry to go off on a tangent. ModBird has some Tbird Kooks for sale! Bump. :D

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Ah the good old days...

Tbird meets are the best. I haven't been to one since the JBMN Summer Blast in 2014 and the Carlisle all FORDS meet in 2015. I was really hoping to make the EPIC Drive this spring but, alas, I''m going to miss that too. Here's hoping for a great Carolina Thunder turn out this fall. You're all invited!

We usually meet the weekend after Thanksgiving and head over to the Fayetteville track. If there's enough interest we might add another venue.

I'll certainly plan on making the EPIC drive next year if they hold it again.

Sorry to go off on a tangent. ModBird has some Tbird Kooks for sale! Bump. :D
Well yu need to get the car running first!!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.