TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could not get the lock washer on the top bolt on the #2 cylindar onto the bolt. The bolt was WAY to close to the tube.......even after getting it tightened. Also, I couldn't use a socket on the top bolts on the #2, 3 and 4 cylindars.......had to use a box end wrench and guess when they were tightened to about the right torque.

I did finally get everything together.........but I had to grind the lock washer for the top, # 2 cylindar bolt so it would squeeze between the bolt and the tube......but I don't think that's right though. COuld I have gotten a "bad", mis-shaped header for the passenger side??? Keep in mind too........I installed them with the motor COMPLETELY OUT of the car.........so I had real good, easy access to everything.

Any input would be appreciated.

Later.
Slowride

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Slowride said:
I could not get the lock washer on the top bolt on the #2 cylindar onto the bolt. The bolt was WAY to close to the tube.......even after getting it tightened. Also, I couldn't use a socket on the top bolts on the #2, 3 and 4 cylindars.......had to use a box end wrench and guess when they were tightened to about the right torque.

I did finally get everything together.........but I had to grind the lock washer for the top, # 2 cylindar bolt so it would squeeze between the bolt and the tube......but I don't think that's right though. COuld I have gotten a "bad", mis-shaped header for the passenger side??? Keep in mind too........I installed them with the motor COMPLETELY OUT of the car.........so I had real good, easy access to everything.

Any input would be appreciated.

Later.
Slowride
Same here..the top bolt on the #2 cylinder was tight.But not really any more than it was on my old '66 Mustang when I ran a set of headers on it..I also used the grinder on the Stage 8 locks..they're good and snug so they can't back out.
JL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts