·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TTT

·
Registered
107 Posts
Do the Kook headers come with a T-Bird application or is it just a stock application style header. I mea do they make T-Bird specific ones or just a stock one for all that happens to fit.

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
Looks good from up here ;) (NY)

If you want to really be cool you should remove the passenger side valve cover and cut Mr, fill tube down to a reasonable size. They made it like that for the trucks and Ford aint gonna spend the money for another set just for the other cars are they?

Mine is all the way down because the "03 Cobra intake tube is a Fatty. I like to use the black RTV that you get at the Ford dealer to seal it up after the cut and paste.

-Scott

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
Any word yet on new exhaust pipes being fabbed from ART or whoever to fit the Kooks?

I FINALLY got myself a new GT motor. Found an 02 with 300 miles for a whopping 1300 bucks and it's loaded with EVERYTHING included the AC and Hydroboost pump which I'll be selling.

The motor goes in later this year once I line up a TC and headers:) Sweet pictures:)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Scott

Thanks I'll get on that....more room for future Intake!:cbones: Having a Driveshaft
made by a local shop W/ heavy duty u joints machined and balanced to 6g's. Working on installing front end parts, ended up buying new radiator. Picked up a
02 starter, ps pump. Everything is starting to come together, Installing motor on friday.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a good deal on the motor :cool: I'm having a local shop do the exhaust.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
FLABIRD said:
Thanks I'll get on that....more room for future Intake!:cbones: Having a Driveshaft
made by a local shop W/ heavy duty u joints machined and balanced to 6g's. Working on installing front end parts, ended up buying new radiator. Picked up a
02 starter, ps pump. Everything is starting to come together, Installing motor on friday.
what is the name of the shop doing the driveshaft work for you i might be interested if the price is right. if you want my cell, PM me.

thanks

joseph

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
I don't see Stage 8 Locking bolts on those headers...Unless you wanna be dropping the K-member later to re-tighten the bolts..you might wanna pony up the $40 or so for a set of good bolts.
JL

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
JL,

A couple of questions about your exhaust system, now I know you posted this info somewhere but I couldn't find the threads.

What diameter is the tubing? Are you running cats and if so high flow or stock? If I remember right, you have an X-pipe, where did you get that?

I apologize for any inconveniece and the thread high jack.

Anyway, here is where I got my stage 8 locking bolts if anybody is interested!

http://www.thunderracing.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=manufacturer&manufacturerid=45

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Johnny Langton said:
I don't see Stage 8 Locking bolts on those headers...Unless you wanna be dropping the K-member later to re-tighten the bolts..you might wanna pony up the $40 or so for a set of good bolts.
JL
I got my Stage 8's through Summit Racing.. the bolts for the 4.6 are not in the catalogue or on-line store, but if you call them and tell them what you want they will find them

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
FLABIRD said:
So does that mean you will come out to play with us next time??? Kinda anxious to see your bird... and maybe have a go at you before my next round of mods....

I think some of us will be getting together maybe next week at Moroso.. I know I will, I have some new Hoosiers I want to try out....

I've got a great exhaust guy up here in Stuart.... $325 for true duals from the first cats back + whatever you want to spend for mufflers..

Also

there is a guy up here in Stuart with a dyno... if you're interested in getting some numbers I'll give you his number... tell him you know me and he'll only charge you double (LOL).. I'm in there about once every 2-3 weeks for numbers... $75 for three pulls w/ Air-Fuel.. $100/per hour if you want to performance tune....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That sounds killer....want to see dyno #'s. I would like to get together
and make a trip up there. Should be ready soon:cbones:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
FLABIRD said:
That sounds killer....want to see dyno #'s. I would like to get together
and make a trip up there. Should be ready soon:cbones:
The dyno guy works on saturdays too... so you can do it on a saturday,,, you just need to call him and set up a time.... I'll PM his number to ya... tell him I sent you and you have another bird... he's a ford guy... has a 9 second N/A 5.0 Mustang...

I am taking JL's advise re: the Stage 8 bolts very seriously... only 'cause he's done the kooks mod and knows what he went through... you do not want these puppies to leak, or the bolts to vibrate loose.... unless you enjoy taking you K-member down for practice..

I'll be at Moroso probably Wednesday and Friday, weather permitting, if you're ready, c/mon down... I want to get some final numbers before my next round of mods... I swear this bird will do 14's as is, and I want to try one more time..

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts