TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to purchase a set of kooks headers from Bill but am thinking there has to be cheaper O2 sensor extensions somewhere. Does anyone know where I might find these? Bill wants 46 bucks for a set.

·
Registered
570 Posts
If you're putting in new front O2's with your headers, and then just get Bosch 15718's, they have a longer lead, and work fine.

$46 isn't really too bad.

This eBay auction is the cheapest I've seen lately for extenders.

Either way, you may need to trim the small side tabs off of the sensors to get them to plug in.

·
Registered
836 Posts
americanmuscle has free shipping and it worked out to be cheaper than ebay when I ordered a couple days ago for my car.

·
Registered
570 Posts
americanmuscle has free shipping and it worked out to be cheaper than ebay when I ordered a couple days ago for my car.
The eBay link I posted is $32.99 + $6.99 shipping = $39.98

How are THESE at American Muscle cheaper?

Am I missing something, or did you not look at the link I posted?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The sensors on my car were new when I did my PI swap 15000 miles ago so I really don't need new ones. I'll check ebay. Has anyone ever tried clipping their leads and extending them with whatever guage wire they are?

·
Registered
570 Posts
The sensors on my car were new when I did my PI swap 15000 miles ago so I really don't need new ones. I'll check ebay. Has anyone ever tried clipping their leads and extending them with whatever guage wire they are?
If you're handy with a soldering iron and shrink tubing, it'll work fine. I wouldn't use crimp connectors, though.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you're handy with a soldering iron and shrink tubing, it'll work fine.
That would be how I'd do it. If I could solder my oil pressure gauge power wire upside down in the mess of ignition wiring, then that should be a breeze.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
I am going to purchase a set of kooks headers from Bill but am thinking there has to be cheaper O2 sensor extensions somewhere. Does anyone know where I might find these? Bill wants 46 bucks for a set.
You don't need extensions for the o2 sensors.
JL

·
Registered
110 Posts
The bosch longer extension oxygen sensors will work just fine. I ran them on my kooks for years. I can't remember the part # but the 15718 sounds about right. I sold them for many years and there are 3 different lengths of direct fit sensor. I still have the kooks and sensors in my garage, I'll try to check them and post back. The universal don't work and send bad signals almost all the time. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
12,075 Posts
You don't need extensions for the o2 sensors.
JL
Yup. You don't need them.

Tell Bill he can take his $46 long lead O2 wires and shove them.....

Back on the shelf.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Bills just trying to hustle a little bit not like I wouldn't do the same thing.

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Kev-

I don't think you'll need them either, but if you do, I have a set sitting in my toolbox. I'm surprised you didn't mention them before.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts