1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
483 Posts
they look aight. you will have to let us know what you think when you dive into a corner at 80 mph.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they look aight. you will have to let us know what you think when you dive into a corner at 80 mph.
Well with a threadwear of 280 I am not sure how much high speed cornering I will be doing.Not that much probley but I am sure it will happen here and there.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Well with a threadwear of 280 I am not sure how much high speed cornering I will be doing
Do you mean 280 tread wear rating is not soft/sticky enough to take corners at moderate speeds, or you'd rather not push these tires as they will wear out quickly? Please alaborate.

:confused:

Jim

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'd rather not push it that hard because of the wearout rating.
It also has a traction grade of AA and temp rating of A.The tire is made of silica compound which is similar to what there making the snow tires out of.

EDIT:My own post didn't make sense to me.lol

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Well with a threadwear of 280 I am not sure how much high speed cornering I will be doing.Not that much probley but I am sure it will happen here and there.
if you are worried about treadwear, you should have gotten a tire with a higher wear rating. The BFG g-force Sport has a 340 rating.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you are worried about treadwear, you should have gotten a tire with a higher wear rating. The BFG g-force Sport has a 340 rating.
Threadwear is is not my concern.My concern is trying to find a decent tire reasonably priced for this size.At $80 a tire for a kumho ECSTA in a 255/45ZR17 I think that is a great deal.I was just wondering how these tires performed and if any of you guys have ran them.The car maybe gets like 5k miles a year so I figure with some spirited driving I might be able to squeeze around 3 summer's out of them.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Threadwear is is not my concern.My concern is trying to find a decent tire reasonably priced for this size.At $80 a tire for a kumho ECSTA in a 255/45ZR17 I think that is a great deal.I was just wondering how these tires performed and if any of you guys have ran them.The car maybe gets like 5k miles a year so I figure with some spirited driving I might be able to squeeze around 3 summer's out of them.
i will never put Kumhos on my car again......if the Ecsta 712 and 711 are ANY indicator of their quality, then they failed horribly.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
The MX series tires are much better than the 711 and 712 tires. The MXs are in another ballpark all together. They are a great tire for the price. I have had mine for over 2 years now with plenty of tread left. I expected to be buying new tires in a very short time with that 280 wear rating. I don't take it easy on them either.

They don't make any noise (at the limit...no squealing or barking) and sometimes feel kind of greasy after running through a few miles of hard cornering. I don't think you will be disappointed at all...they are an awesome dry tire. I wouldn't get real crazy in the rain with them though...you can look through tire rack for comparison tests.

Russell

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had those tires on my car when i had cobra R's on it.

Got about one season out of them.
Ya but your car has major major traction issue's.I should know.:D

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bad news.The tires I ordered cam in today but have to be sent back.I didn't realize that the tires couldn't take the 7.5 inch rims.The smallest width it can take is an 8.0 inch rim.It's ok because I am not planing to have them mounted for some time now.So back to the 245/45ZR17's for me.This time I ordered the ECSTA SPT http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=ECSTA+SPT
Any of you have any thoughts on these tires???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts