TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,004 Posts
At RockAuto, the Monroe is less than $6 each, the KYB is about $24 each (1991 listing, but the same shocks fit both) : http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1198683&parttype=7556

I'm sure there's another difference, but as Matt points out, compared to factory sport shocks, both are softer. Neither will ride as smooth as the car can ride, however, due to the stiffness of the Sport springs.

RwP

·
Super Moderator
9,357 Posts
I replaced the original non-sport shocks with SensaTracs on all fours and the ride definitely stiffened up a bit. That's about all I can say, the condition of what they were replacing.... wasn't good.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I also replaced the originals with Monroe Sensitracs. I will never use Monroe again. The car sometimes feels like a boat on the hwy after going over a very mild dip in the road.

Al

·
Registered
613 Posts
I put KYB GR-2 on the back of my car right after I got it. Disappointed.
They seem to be very sensitive to ambient temp. The killer for me is expansion joints.. they are fine under 80 deg.. for some reason when it's closer to 95 joint thump is almost bone jarring. Well not that bad, but I dont like feeling every tar strip by my butt.
- I'm talking familiar everyday routes

Overall on rough pave.. you know.. lots of trucks on asphalt.. okay.

Replaced Delphis {still fully gas-loaded} on front of the Bravadiva with Sensatrac's and love them..no wishy washy yet no annoying road thump.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I put KYB's on all four corners of my Tbird. Haven't been disappointed. Would have loved to used something better like Koni's but wow..... they are proud of those things!

Just a question while we're on the subject... how long should a set of shocks last?

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
I replaced all my monroes with bilstiens and tikoco blues. Monroes are ok if you like the OEM ride. Also the quick strut up front makes anyone able to replace old rusted garbage.

·
Super Moderator
9,357 Posts
Also the quick strut up front makes anyone able to replace old rusted garbage.
The biggest reason I got them. :) I like the ride, but again... I'm perfectly cool with a stock-feeling car.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Got KYB's on our Audi A6, it's almost a 4k lb car as well, love the way it floats nice when you drive normally, but once you start getting sporty with them they automatically stiffen up and provide some good quality handling for the price, I find they work best with Eibach lowering springs. Now on the cougar, I've got the KONI's all around and vogtland springs...talk about feeling the paint in the road.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts