TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to be picking up an engine this weekend in slidell, and was wondering if any of you guys have a hoist i can borrow. i dont really want to spend the $200 or whatever one costs nowadays to use it only one time. lemme know if anyone has one. thanks.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Most local rental shops usually have those for a decent price if you can't find someone locally. :D

Some of them are even setup to be towed with a hitch. :thumbsup:

Just a thought. :thumbsup:

·
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
what kind of rental shop? why would i tow an engine hoist? i know, stupid questions :tongue:

edit: found one for $30 a day. just had to do some googling :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
Glad you got one, the few guys I do know all live in apartments and we pretty much live out our dreams vicariously through others until we can find a garage we can use.

·
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
504 Bird said:
Glad you got one, the few guys I do know all live in apartments and we pretty much live out our dreams vicariously through others until we can find a garage we can use.
wanna come out and help me lift this thing into the bed of my friends truck? :)

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
big mike said:
why would I tow an engine hoist?
If you don't own a truck.... but do own a car with a hitch on it.... and you need an engine hoist.... :D :thumbsup:

I have actually considered converting mine over to the hitch type. It's a lot easier to hook it up to a hitch than it is to lug the thing into the bed of a truck.... yes, I'm lazy. :D

·
Registered
598 Posts
big mike said:
wanna come out and help me lift this thing into the bed of my friends truck? :)
Maybe, wanna clean one head light while you are here? What day are you talking about?

·
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
504 Bird said:
Maybe, wanna clean one head light while you are here? What day are you talking about?
f'sho. we plan to come out saturday. ill know for sure by thursday. gotta confirm my trip out there with my ride.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Man where R U getting the engine from in Slidell? I'm prolly on the Northshore Sat.(work) if so have 504 drop me a line and we'll hook up for lunch and an engine slide.
PS Autozone or Pepbous has hoists for 70 bucks to buy em (2 ton setup) just what I left back home I wish I had it here man I'd loan it to ya(wanna take a trip to Iowa to get it? if so you can have it....it's only 16 hours from Slidell).

·
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im not sure where in slidell. i think i would rather rent a hoist :) lunch sounds good, but i dont know when we will be getting to slidell. ill have to talk to her to see when and where we are having lunch. she has to make a stop in nawlins to drop off her brother first.

paddy - do you need a set of clear coug lights? i have a set for sale.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I could use a set of headlights (typical haze) I don't need corners(cops here are a$$holes) since my car garners enough attention from the cops.If you're here in the city or on the NS gimmie a call I won't know till Friday if im working on the NS or in town tho...If you have time to burn hit the Quarters and soak up the umm life(smells, and keep out of the puddles...........)

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
Are any of yall guys going to be around slidell tomorrow? I am going to drive out there to help Mike out with the engine. We might need some help to get the motor in the SUV. If so give me a call. 281-788-9903

Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts