TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know what you gonna say... but save your breath (keysrokes i guess) cuz i already relaced my maf and its running at the correct voltage cuz i check with scanner. she is being really weird though.... wont give me all the power right away. cant even get wheels to spin :( . it strange becuase if i put her to the floor the RPM stays at 2000 till im moving about 25 or 30MPH then she'll open up to 5000..... any suggestions????

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Turbo lag?

Just messing. I have not had this type problem. My 4.6 has no power anywhere, anytime.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what i thought..... half tempted to by 2 1/2 inch pipes, some hi-flow cats, and flowmasters for her. got the cash just not wanting to spend it.... :D

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmmm i guess that post about the catalytic converters dissapeared??? :confused:

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
well have u actually done a total tune up plugs wires new fuel filter ect.... if not and the wires ect look original or whatever i would do that first also it maybe a transmission going back or tq but i would maybe try those things first

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think i had, i mean still have the same problem as you, i had a code that read something about the EGR valve, and i was installing my subs so for a while i had my battery negative cable off, causing the computer to reset. But now i still have the laggyness but no codes.
When you floor it do you hear a popping sound coming from around the headers? Because thats what i have. I havent fixed it cuz im cheap:D and i dont race it anyways my cars more for show and im going to college in August so no point in putting money in it.
Good luck with your car tho. I you find a cheap solution tell me about it.
I did replace my plugs, wires, and fuel filter tho.

·
Registered
825 Posts
adjust your tps and clean or replace your maf thats what I did to my brothers 94 cat made a huge difference. he had no power it wouldn't kick back down into first and the only way to get it to rev up in gear was to slowly walk into the throttle.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tps = throttle position sensor, right? and if so how can i adjust it?

·
Registered
825 Posts
there is a how to in the technical articles

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maybe i should just ask.... should i be able to spin the tires easy??? its stock except a inbox K&N, and a ford performance chip from JET.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
first fuel filter, good plugs, and other tune up stuff

1 - 12 of 12 Posts