TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lambo doors are in

Only problem with them, company sent the wrong air shocks. door is heavy as hell and wont lift easy. also fails to stay up sometimes. Called them, new shocks are on their way, higher compresion, free of charge. dont even need to send in the old ones.

Kit is sturdy, not wobbley. very happy overall, especially with the customer service...

www.lambodoors.com

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
thanx a lot preston:mad:
just when i started thinking of making my car faster and actually stop doing the looks here you go and mess me up!:(
I FREAKIN LOVE EM !:D
they look amazing and that is deffinetly next thing on my to do list:eek:
your bird is looking better and better everytime i see it
keep up the great work;)

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Where did you get those door sill plates that say Thunderbird on them? Please tell me you bought those and they are still available so I can get some, lol. And great job on the doors, they look great. Did you install those yourself?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i didnt go with the group purchase

sills from www.carztuff.com, or just check out the msg board of the sccowc.com

·
Registered
825 Posts
Hey Scott,

I have the same sills as Preston. The plastic ones don't come off, you apply these door sills directly overtop with double sided tape (supplied)

They look great and fit pretty decent as well.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Ok I see that its a bolt on kit, but are there any special mods that have to be done to the car to make it fit right?

Oh and how far does it open regularly before you push the door up?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
WOW,
That is...WOW..I...WOW...I would open them things and knock my dumbass out with doors like that...Those are...WOW...That is the coolest mod on a T-bird I have ever seen...WOW>>>

·
The NightRider
329 Posts
funderbird said:
WOW,
That is...WOW..I...WOW...I would open them things and knock my dumbass out with doors like that...Those are...WOW...That is the coolest mod on a T-bird I have ever seen...WOW>>>
I agree with everything you said.. I agree most with the part of getting knocked out lol :)

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
pjsbird

looks ok

btw.. sig nazi checking in..shorten that sig up to 10 lines or less please

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
What are the new rated shocks that you are getting? 800lbs, 850lbs? The shocks that they sent you, how much they were rated?! Also, could you get pics of the hinge bolted to the door? PLZ!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not sure the rating on the old or new shocks. The old ones didnt quite hold the door up. so i asked for something quite a bit stronger.

The doors look like they open out quite far in the pics. but in order for the fender to fit, they need to be adjusted inwards. so they basically open and go up, very little outward motion.

and yes, the fender will fit. it requires the inside of the fender to be trimmed slightly, but with minimal work, it does go back on.

thanks for all the kind words. will repost when i have both fenders on.

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Good looking Bird Preston; the lambo's look great!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts