TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into putting the vertical door conversion on my cougar and i found 2 different places that sell what i thought to be decent kits ....
I actually found a tbird with the kit installed .. does anyone have any advice or light to shed on this subject?
here is the tbird pic

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
a9h3x said:
I am looking into putting the vertical door conversion on my cougar and i found 2 different places that sell what i thought to be decent kits ....
I actually found a tbird with the kit installed .. does anyone have any advice or light to shed on this subject?
here is the tbird pic
:uppoint: dude, that isn't a bird, lol, it's an integra.....;)

·
Registered
890 Posts
definitely not a bird in that pic, but there IS a picture around here somewhere of a Tbird with them. Maybe Homer's car?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well it looks close enough to a tbird =x lol my bad but who did you say has them on their tbird?

·
Registered
890 Posts
The car belongs to Homer, I think.

Here is a pic of it:

I don't know if there are any others.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Yeah, I remember that, I think in this thread where I got the picture from.

Homer did post the picture, though, so he may know who's car it is (and his avatar is the same as the wheels in that picture).

Ok, found the thread where he said it wasn't his car.

As far as I know, we still don't know who's it is..........................

·
Registered
811 Posts
From what I've read, money IMO could be spent a lot better. Don't get me wrong, it looks pretty cool but damn these are some HEAVY doors to be messing around with.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If anyone knows who would be good for this type of work let me know

·
Registered
890 Posts
While there are people here who can do just anything to be done to these cars, I think you are on the wrong website for your question.

Maybe a forum geared a little more toward the show crowd.

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Omg I asked a guy did they have those door kits for birds and he said na they are mainly for hondas and ish......people be lyin :rolleyes:

I need to know how much those doors cost :confused:

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
In the very first post in the thread racecougar linked to, it says "The final cost has come out to be $850.00 plus shipping."

·
Registered
811 Posts
That's crazy, but if I had $$ falling out of my A$$ or was that serious about racing it would be a different story.

·
Registered
744 Posts
flawLess_whiP said:
omg thats all!!! 850??? im going to have to order some then :D
+paint, and hardware, unless you reuse your old stuff.

let's not forget, these are not something for a street car, unless you have a full cage. the tread over at sccoa says you can add a steel bar, but i'm not buying it. mn12's are already weak to side impacts.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Lambo Doors

I too was looking to maybe look into a lambo door kit, i have seen many places but have no idea where to start since the doors are so heavy, the kits themselves are pretty pricey, and it does get to be a little ricey, but i still think ud get lots of attention rolling up to a gas station, i really dont have enough cash flow to buy new doors to and plus considering the fiberglass are for the 95 and lower and i have a 97 with the side moulding, so i dont know where to start, if someone comes along and can help me out please reply
Htnhre2

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
just put the side molding on the doors.....it doesnt matter what year, they will all fit..

joseph

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
tomaso12 said:
...........mn12's are already weak to side impacts.
so don't get hit on the side, lol....:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts