TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Those idiots think it's open season on the public because one of their own went off the deep end! :facepalm:

Every one of these officers should be without a job and in jail. :zsoapbox:

Police detectives investigate a shooting incident involving a blue Toyota Tacoma pickup truck in Torrance, Calif.
Police opened fire on the vehicle in a case of mistaken identity while searching for former Los Angeles police officer Christopher Dorner.

By Tracy Connor, Staff Writer, NBC News
Updated at 5:59 p.m. ET:

A mother and daughter who were mistakenly shot by Los Angeles police hunting for rampage suspect Christopher Dorner had no warning before bullets started whizzing through their newspaper-delivery truck, their lawyer said Friday.

"No command, no instruction, no warning. They just opened fire on them," said Glen Jonas, who is representing Emma Hernandez, 71, and Margie Carranza, 47, in possible legal action against the Los Angeles Police Department.

"They had no idea what was going on. They're huddling, covering up and praying and hoping they're not going to die."

Both women survived. Hernandez, shot in the back, was in good condition Friday. Her daughter suffered a hand injury and is physically fine but emotionally scarred, Jonas said.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/08/16900348-women-shot-during-lapd-ex-cop-manhunt-had-no-warning-lawyer-says?lite

·
Registered
652 Posts
This is why as marines can't just shoot anyone overseas. We must have confirmed the identity and actions they are doing before engaging anyone with bullets....

Makes me mad because most police officers are former military.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Titan tacoma Frontier same thing right????

If these people are illegal they are getting sent right back over the boarder if they are citizens they are going to sue at the taxpayers expense.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Oh they just thought they were Terrorist.

But seriously yes jail time for all those cops. Lets see, Assault with deadly weapon, reckless discharge of a firearm, fire a firearm inside city limits, destruction of private property....

·
Super Moderator
11,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh they just thought they were Terrorist.

But seriously yes jail time for all those cops. Lets see, Assault with deadly weapon, reckless discharge of a firearm, fire a firearm inside city limits, destruction of private property....
... Attempted murder, dereliction of duty, failure to follow policy and procedure ...

The list goes on and on.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Now where did I put my N.W.A. **** the police cassette....
Yeah do ya remember the beginning of Demolition Man? I mean if its bad why not combine the sounds of NWA with the visuals of bad LA.

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
I certainly don't condone his methods and getting really tired of his "Die Hard" mentallity but it does seem to me from some things I've seen or read there may be a reason for his actions against the LAPD.

Regardless, its not going to turnout good for anyone. He'll never turn himself in and they are going to clean him out any chance they get for sure. But again, they have to portect themselves too in this situation.

I certainly hope this case gets sorted through sufficiently to find the causes.

I just find it odd that someone in such good standing at one time and prior military, honored and such has turned a complete 180 without something taking place. He may have dirt on them that they certainly don't want uncovered. Therefore you eliminate the problem.

·
Super Moderator
11,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I certainly don't condone his methods and getting really tired of his "Die Hard" mentality but it does seem to me from some things I've seen or read there may be a reason for his actions against the LAPD.

Regardless, its not going to turnout good for anyone. He'll never turn himself in and they are going to clean him out any chance they get for sure. But again, they have to protect themselves too in this situation.

I certainly hope this case gets sorted through sufficiently to find the causes.

I just find it odd that someone in such good standing at one time and prior military, honored and such has turned a complete 180 without something taking place. He may have dirt on them that they certainly don't want uncovered. Therefore you eliminate the problem.
I agree. I think there's much more to this story than anyone knows. I find it very odd that someone with his background suddenly turns a 180 like that... :confused:

As for the cops who shot up the newspaper delivery ladies. Well, WTF? That's just inexcusable.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
That's disgusting! I'm glad the two women lived because they will be able to tell their story to the news media for years to come and make the LAPD officers look bad (justifiably). Had they died, the media wouldn't have interviews with the victims, etc.

I hope those women get more money than they can spend in a lifetime as a result of this, this is unreal.

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
I agree. I think there's much more to this story than anyone knows. I find it very odd that someone with his background suddenly turns a 180 like that... :confused:

As for the cops who shot up the newspaper delivery ladies. Well, WTF? That's just inexcusable.
I'm with you Ron!

It makes me believe that they don't want the truth to be known and they just take out whomever gets in the way. How do you justify shooting the hell out of a vehicle or occupants that are unknown to the officers because they expect it is his. Sounds to me like they have an agenda or vendetta of their own if you ask me.

Like I say, I don't condone this guys actions and he is wrong in what he is doing but I DO BELIEVE there is more to his story.

Just goes to show they will go to whatever means necessary to see this guy is dead and not talking. Whatever it is he knows, they don't want anyone checking into it or knowing about it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I would bet they will be getting rich off this move and rightfully so, how can somebody tell you legitimately what your life is worth money wise to you, if any of these ladies hadn't had god on their side or moved wrong they would have been in a funeral parlor, it is sheer negligence on the police's behalf, and there is nothing they can do or say to make it look justifiable. They deserve to be compensated for but who ever gave the orders to open fire is going to get reamed or fired bigtime or should be, there is no excuse for that whatsoever. Ladies find a really good lawyer it will be worth taking the time...

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
1) Even if they were illegal, there's nothing that prevents them from suing.

2) It looks like LAPD has already offered restitution... in the form of a new truck. Seriously. I hope they get pounded in court.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/lapd-will-provide-new-truck.html

3) Cops shot a SECOND bystander while looking for Dorner. This dudes not even brown
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/feb/09/local/la-me-torrance-shooting-20130210

4) Dorner's surrounded now. This will be over soon and LAPD won't have any more excuses for shooting random unarmed citizens.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/dorner-surrounded-by-police-in-cabin-after-gun-battle-2-officers-hurt.html

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/07/us/lapd-attacks-dorner/index.html?iid=article_sidebar

Interesting article about what provoked this guy's behavior and slide into this madness.

Why would I classify it as madness? Anyone who goes postal like this after losing his job has something unhinged. No rational person goes on a manhunt and kills innocent people (like the family of one of his adversaries) based on such a lame justification as this one.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Love how they assumed it was him again and opened fire first again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts