TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Jerry dyno tune and don't need anything now.

That said I'm going to begin a long process of changes. I'm looking for a customizable tuning option. By that, basically I wan't a commercial version of Jerry's "box." I know SCT has a racers option but I don't think that's what I need.

I want something that gives me full control over everything and allows me to flash it to my EEC over and over. It should import my existing tune and allow me to modify each parameter individually. Basically I wan't what SCT uses on the dyno in a personal version. I only need it to do my car.

What do you suggest?

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
476 Posts
The sct pro racer package is what you want thats what lonnie used to tune my dohc. Keep in mind that i am using a 4.6 sohc computer so it gives you an idea on how versitle the software is. If you already have a sct chip then the software is only 400 i belive with everything you need to get started on you own tuning.

Will

·
Registered
635 Posts
well i personally have an EEC tuner and ive been able to flash new tunes in whenever i want. Works for me and im learning something new all the time.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I used to use an EEC Tuner, but you can't adjust half as much as with the SCT Pro-Racer package, and it's not really user friendly like the SCT tuner.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Jerry chip with a switch (4 tunes including octane pin) but I don't use it because e flashed my EEC. Would that count, even though I didn't buy it from SCT?

I'd prefer to flash the EEC though. My chip came loose once while driving. Not good.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Dan what you are wanting is the Pro Racer Package. There are different levels to it. Since you are wanting the flasher type then you would have to purchase the complete kit. The good thing is right now we have a sale that includes a Raptor data logger with the package.

If you were to stay with your chip then the cost would be much less since it would be considered an upgrade. You can't upgrade with a reflashed EEC though since it requires a flasher/turner device.

As for the files you have now, we would have to contact Jerry to get them from him.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can't pull them from my EEC?

Where do I go for an itemized price list?

My infiniti is a couple thousand from being paid off and so is my credit card. When that's done, and I let my wife buy some furniture/clothes/shoes, I'll spring for a tuner.

Also, any recommendations on training for the setup, if it is truly as flexible as Jerry's box?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The Tuner can pull the current file from your EEC but you won't be able to do anything with it. You would have to send in the EEC to have it read and converted to an SCT type file.

What prices are you looking for?

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everything:

With flasher
Without flasher
Software only
Any other options....

I'm looking at your site and was just trying to match your recommendation with parts. That's all. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cost for the package?

I would like a tuner for the laptop. What are the prices for the reflashing ability?
My current superchip does not do all it is supposed to.

Chris

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
There’s only a few options

The Flasher package includes

SCT XCalibrator
XCal programming cable
Raptor Data logger
Single vehicle SCT advantage software
Single vehicle SCT advantage software license agreement

The Chip package includes

SCT Eliminator 4 bank, 4 program chip
Eliminator selector switch and cable
SCT Chipper, chip burner
Raptor data logger

Both these packages go for $795

Then there is the upgrade packages for people that have a chip or an XCalibrator already.

The Flasher version includes

XCal programming cable
Raptor Data logger

This package goes for $500

The Chip version includes

SCT Chipper, chip burner
Eliminator selector switch and cable
Raptor data logger

This package goes for $575

You can not just purchase the software.

The Raptor which seems to be what most people are interested in right now is on sale. This is a limited time offer by the way. It use to list for $475 but now you can purchase it for $325.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts