TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stocker went out it was missfiring cleaned it stopped for a good month or so. I figure its time to get a new one. I have a 75mm plenum/tb/mac intake and full exhuast what are my options for going bigger maf? I hear bad things about c&l but have never actually seen anyone with a malfunctioning unit.

·
Super Moderator
16,766 Posts
Its not that the C&L malfunctions, its that its just plain junk.

Best bet is the 2002-2004 GT 80mm maf and a tune. But dont expect any sort of gain with the larger size, your engine can't pull enough air for the stock one to be a restriction. Same goes for the filter, intake tube, tb, and plenum.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
My stocker went out it was missfiring cleaned it stopped for a good month or so. I figure its time to get a new one. I have a 75mm plenum/tb/mac intake and full exhuast what are my options for going bigger maf? I hear bad things about c&l but have never actually seen anyone with a malfunctioning unit.
you need a MAF?

I'm sure I got a stock one laying around(that is if you were using a stock one)....

·
Registered
893 Posts
You don't need a bigger MAF. Mine wasn't even pegging out with Comp 268's and an SVO intake, but I had to move up so I didn't have a ridiculous looking adapter from the Cobra intake tube to the stock MAF. The only gain I got from the bigger MAF was because I did some changes to my tune on top of the new MAF transfer.

And if you need one, and if 95badbird doesn't have one, I do.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i cleaned mine again so i think im just gonna keep doin that till it just no longer works at all lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts