TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a question about lash adjusters, I'm getting a set of heads P&P and I want to know if I should get brand new lash adjusters or just reuse the ones off my heads which have almost 60k on them? Also what are RFF's? I did a search for this but counldn't find anything on them. Just to give you some info. they are NPI heads with PI cams going on them.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I reused the ones out of my heads when they were PnP'd. I think mine had about 60K on them IIRC, although it could have been more. I've put about 5K on the heads so far, and have not seen/heard anything that would make me suspicious about them having troubles.

Joe

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
If you got or are going to get the heads P&Ped, why wouldn't you go with FoxLake's Solid Lash adjusters?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Because you'd have to take off the valve covers and adjust the lash every so often, and the power increase is negligible at lower rpm ranges anyways. You won't be turning the stock motors more than 6000, so you won't see much benefit to them. Plus, many people just don't like all the maintenance. The stock pieces are great from the factory. I'd go with them.

EDIT: Damn, beat to the punch!

·
2,118 Posts
FYI, The fastest N/A Tbirds are running them. I know you have to adjust them but...

Oh well just a suggestion.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Unless you plan on running above 6000 rpms regularly, it's really not all that worth it. Having to manually adjust them is an annoyance, and I'm also told they're loud as ****...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok cool I'll just reuse my old adjusters, Does anybody have any ides what a RFF is?

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Not only must you adjust them, but if you don't you'll get decreased performance of even motor damage, AND they cost $400 ($800 for 4V).

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok Jim saw my question and answered it about what was a RFF’s. For anybody doing a search in the future it stands for “Roller Finger Follower” I went and got a picture of it that I will link for people to see.

RFF's

The RFF is the green rockers

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
TGJ said:
FYI, The fastest N/A Tbirds are running them. I know you have to adjust them but...

Oh well just a suggestion.
I'm not using the solids,and KD saw absolutely no gains by switching to them.
JL

·
2,118 Posts
So Foxlake is all hype on those then.

·
3,232 Posts
TGJ said:
So Foxlake is all hype on those then.
I'm not gonna say that..KD and I are both running lower lift cams than most of the guys(less than .500"),and at higher rpms with the higher lift cams-they might help prevent some bleed down from the increased load,but I'm not 100% convinced that they work well enough to justify the admission price.
JL

·
Registered
921 Posts
Point is, unless your a full out drag racer running 10K RPM and Crower cams with .612" lift @ 1.8:1, the solids are a little pricey and not much bang for the buck. Thats about all I can gather out of this thread in regards to if solids are worth it or not. Tell me I'm wrong and correct me please.

·
3,232 Posts
mylittleblackbird said:
Point is, unless your a full out drag racer running 10K RPM and Crower cams with .612" lift @ 1.8:1, the solids are a little pricey and not much bang for the buck. Thats about all I can gather out of this thread in regards to if solids are worth it or not. Tell me I'm wrong and correct me please.
Something like that..
JL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts