TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, here is the deal. I need YOUR opinion about the quote for the price of doing the exhaust job. Below are pictures of pretty much how it will be set up.. I WILL NOT HAVE THE MAGNAFLOW ROUND MUFFLERS, due to me not going catless.

Here is a basic idea of it.. I took it from Wes Beloncik's Pearl White 96.

However, his tips on his new exhaust were different, but I want mine exactly like these, no different..

Anyways, for FLOWMASTER (40 Series I think) dual-in / dual-out muffler and 2.5" pipes all the way around he is saying probably $500. He told me about this other brand that would cost $420 to do that supposedly "sounds just like a Flowmaster."

Where I work I have asked 3 of the mechanics and all three have told me to spend the extra money for the Flowmaster muffler. One of the mechanics even told me about ordering the stuff myself, and having someone there to do it (I get a discount on service there). He says he will show me his Jegs catalog tomorrow about possibly doing that.

So my question boils down to this:

Should I spend the $500 and get the Flowmaster,

Spend $420 and get the "sounds just like Flowmaster" muffler?

Or order the parts and have the dealership I work at do it?

I have the same catalog that he will show me tomorrow, and the kit for T-Birds by Flowmaster is a Force II kit that has quieter levels when cruising.. Which is what I DO NOT want. I want a loud car all the time, and I want to be heard :D

Also, would the price be cheaper if I dropped the pipe size to 2.25"???

Please give me your opinion ASAP so I can set up the proper appt.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Looking at your mods I'll say get a 2.25" dual in/ 2.5" single out Magnaflow. The Flowmaster has a slight metalic-ping sound. I think you would like the Magnaflow better. The Magnaflow and cats are what I have been running for 2+ years and I still get compliments on how good the car sounds. Should save you a little, using less piping.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
$500 is pretty steep. My entire setup was $420ish, and I have two more mufflers than you'll have, plus magnaflow is more expensive than flowmaster. You might shop around a little bit more.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
weswing04 said:
$500 is pretty steep. My entire setup was $420ish, and I have two more mufflers than you'll have, plus magnaflow is more expensive than flowmaster. You might shop around a little bit more.
No shiat dude.. When he said $500 I was like :eek: :eek: :eek: I'll look around

I am just afraid if I go with the 2-1-2 it will sound like what I have now.. which is this:

Stock piping until 3rd cat, then 2.5" pipe to 2 flowmaster mufflers with the chrome tip welded directly onto the muffler.

If a 2-1-2 setup with no 3rd cat will sound awesome.. I may do it. But will going 2-1-2 still not have the gains as true duals?

I will ask if the price will be lower for 2.25" duals. I heard from a mechanic that 2.5" pipe is difficult to bend.

Thanks again guys

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
hey, send me a message on aim.. i've had a pretty good sounding 2-1-2 setup ..i'll send you a clip.

white96bird on aim
weswing04 on yahoo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts