TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Oh darn, I'm gonna go cry. Oh well, we all knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. Two things struck me... 1) that the link you posted is from a GM forum and not a Ford site... and 2)...
The Thunderbird has come full circle since it was first introduced in 1955. Back then, it was a two-seater designed to compete with the Chevrolet Corvette.
Maybe if Ford got back to this concept and stopped babying the piss outta their precious little over-populated pony, they'd get some of their sales back up

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I agree though, the new T-bird sucks balls, but it does look good doing it.

-Rob

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I don't even think it looks good at sucking balls. I think it just plain SUCKS!

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I thought it was good looking. I've always liked it. But then I'd love to see a new T-bird come out to compete with the Monte Carlo to. :D

·
8,239 Posts
I drove a red anniversary one not too long ago and I think its a real decent car, its just overpriced and way out of my league.

If I had the bucks i'd get one for sure.

They are really fun for cruising around.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I hate how they look those headlights are just too damn round. Makes it look all bug eyed. I never see anything except 45 year old moms driving them anyway Good riddance until they bring it back

·
Don't call me a Newbie
397 Posts
Here's a thought...

:idea: Maybe we should start a petition drive, to bring back a mid-size, two door, RWD, Thunderbird...with a Convertible option this time! And while we're at it...every Engine option that's available for the Mustang! A Blown 5.4L TBird Convertible (engineered to effectively put the power to the ground) would be pretty cool, doncha think? Aww, heck...we can dream, can't we? :rolleyes:

Now, don't go injecting reason (insurance, emissions, Ford officials cranial-rectal inversions) into this idea. :D

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
I think you're forgetting... other than the drive-train differences, that exact thing just finished rolling off the assembly line... again

·
Don't call me a Newbie
397 Posts
That little thing is nowhere close to being mid-size...and neither is the Mustang, IMHO. I think you know what I was talking about...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts