TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know i've started multiple times on this subject but i swear this is the last timei promise . ok i'e done a search and im getting mixed threads. majority of the threads i see is for a 96-97 bird. ihave a 95. and only getting some parts list i need a whole list please if anyone cna help me out.

need the whole part list to do the pi heads/intake swap i have the intkae part lists but not the heads. someone help me.thanks

Rigel

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Headswap parts in addition to intake swap parts:

Headgaskets
head bolts or studs
exhaust gaskets
front cover gaskets
crank bolt
cam bolt (2)

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
Along with 96+ fules lines
fuel rails
intake
EGR setup
IAC
valve cover gaskets
Head change kit from Dan (Comes with gaskets and bolts)
gasket remover
PI intake gaskets
Torque wrench
possibly timing chains/tensioners/guides

I think that is it, I know you said "Just for the heads", but since I just did this swap a few weeks ago, figured I'd add what I could remember :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hw much would the head swap kit cost from dan. also
fuel rails
intake
EGR setup
IAC
valve cover gaskets

is that all 96 + year ??

thanks alot greenbird and kodiak trying to get all these parts together so i can give them to the shop to do hopefully all gets done before feb or around that time.

Rigel

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kodiak i just called the 800 # for Dan and they told me they dont have any. maybe i called the wrong number i dont know but is there anther place where i can order the head swap kit ?? thanks alot for helping me out

Rigel

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i left a message of all days he has to be in a meeting today :rant: ill just hope he calls me back do you hink they would have a pi intake swap kit or do i have to purchase the parts individually? ahh well now it comes down to picking the heads up and intake and get all the extra parts needed and try to complete the swap myself or give it to someone to do. ahh well ill figure it out

Rigel

·
8,239 Posts
mine as well just pull that 95 motor and melt it down into a boat anchor, and swap a explorer motor into there.

:)

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
No, there is no swap kit...All has to be done yourself. Check the tech article as well...*WARNING* not everything in the parts list is needed! IF you want some more details etc...Just PM me either an AIM or !Yahoo name and or your phone # and I will tell you pretty much everything you need to know/buy :D

Shane

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
was thinking about that but i trust my block been through hell and back with me so i dont want to trust into another motor and it ends up being a boat anchor. plus everybody has the explorer engine if i was to do the swap i would like to put an 03 cobra engine or a pi gt engine in. so ill just try to do this swap and pray for the best thank s for your input though justinh

Rigel

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pm sent shane

Rigel

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Mn12KnightRyder said:
everybody has the explorer engine if i was to do the swap i would like to put an 03 cobra engine or a pi gt engine in.

There's a good reason why ;) Explorer engine = GT engine - 80 lbs. weight :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i know the weight reduction but weight a big facter to me im big so... plus i trust in my block

Rigel

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
trust thje force , Rigel, trust the force... and that cast iron block for good measure :tongue:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:rofl: :rofl: be one with the block

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
leland jacobson think y ou should get everybody together and do my swap for me ill have beer and food any takers ???

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Well, I'll eat the food ,now you need a couple really good wrenches to drink the beer, and a couple xtra to actually help with the swap.... :xpwink:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:idea: i think im going to go on a wild florida trip with a uhaul and kidnapp a couple of you guys to help me with my swap then feed you guys and drop yall off.... :crazy: j/p ill figure it out any volunteers :gapteeth: anyone ??anyone

Rigel

1 - 20 of 22 Posts