TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been holding onto this old magazine since I was in the military. Enjoy! There's a lot of interesting dyno numbers for various mods including a 1.2 HP gain from just swapping in a K&N panel filter. Woo Hoo! LOL

You won't find this one in the Fleet of Fame.

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
They just needed to wait for the PI heads three years or so later .

That would give you about 40hp gain add some 4.10's and you are flying like a bird should .

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
pretty cool from way back in aug of 96..course they should have used a 96 bird.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,470 Posts
Nice read, very enlightening.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Anyone else notice that they said that birds have had a 4.6 since 1993?

·
smoothed and filled red pearl 94
631 Posts
they did. the 94s were produced and sold beginning in late 93 sooo technically theyre right. i thought that was a little weird, too.

-John

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Always nice to see these older speed magazine articles.

opps, resurrected another old thread....dang it.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Interesting stuff...although the gains really where minimal....anybody think they would have seen greater gains using a 96 bird with the composite NPI intake?

·
Registered
893 Posts
I didn't expect anything from the K&N, especially the 16lb-ft peak tq gain that they say they got from just the panel filter. But a 40lb-ft and 15hp gain from a K&N cone, a bolt-on faux-dual exhaust, and a chip, through the 95 intake definitely doesn't sound bad to me.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Interesting stuff...although the gains really where minimal....anybody think they would have seen greater gains using a 96 bird with the composite NPI intake?
definitely. Torque would be about 20 ft/lbs higher...I think.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I didn't expect anything from the K&N, especially the 16lb-ft peak tq gain that they say they got from just the panel filter. But a 40lb-ft and 15hp gain from a K&N cone, a bolt-on faux-dual exhaust, and a chip, through the 95 intake definitely doesn't sound bad to me.
makes me wonder what the gains where on my 95 with a similar filter setup and true dual exhaust / no third cat

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
+1 I read that and was like "WTF?!" lol :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts