TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After replacing the motor mounts, timing cover and balancer I tried doing some more dyno testing/tuning. Unfortunatley everytime we got to around 660 rwhp the boost would suddendly drop off and then recover. This thread over on turbomustangs has some dyno charts and videos of the car that I thought you guys might be interested in seeing.

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=81156.0

David

PS: Car runs great on the street....can't wait to see what it does at the Dayton meet next month.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Very nice power...definitely not everyday that you see a street 'bird with that kind of power.....and a turbo. :tongue:

Russ

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Yes yes the dayton meet, cant wait. So I'll get to see it full tilt...sweeet!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chris,

Yes...full tilt. Should be making close to 800rwhp at the track :eek:

David

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Chris,

Yes...full tilt. Should be making close to 800rwhp at the track :eek:

David
**** cracker taco bell!

Amazing work David, you ever gonna make it over to the west side of the state to show it off?

-Joel

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
So your problem are the tires?! That's whats causing your boost problem?!

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
wow i think its time for a power adder

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So your problem are the tires?! That's whats causing your boost problem?!
I think it's a lack of load.....others think the tires are spinning. If you take the load off a turbo motor the boost will start falling, so either one could cause it. Doesn't have that problem on the street or a load bearing dyno...just a dynojet. It's not really a problem, just annoying that I can't get a clean pull on the type of dyno that is the easiest for me to get on for testing.

There is another place in the area with a load bearing dyno (mustang) but it cost more and needs to be scheduled in advance. I've made enough pulls at around 20 pounds to feel comfortable that racing it at that or a bit higher power levels won't hurt the motor, so I'm not really concerned about the dyno problem.

My biggest concern is using real slicks and launching off the trans brake. The drag radials are much more stable above 100 mph, but I just don't think they will grip well enough. Doubt the track officals at KilKare are going to allow me to make very many passes without a roll cage, so I plan to start off with about 22 pounds of boost (well over 700 rwhp).

David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts