TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to consistantly hook with Eibachs? Even on the street? I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out what to do with my suspension to give me the proper grip out of the hole.

I've noticed a lot of the faster cars run Sport or SC springs. Can someone guide me down a path to figure out why which suspension setup works better?

/suspension noob/

·
Super Moderator
5,168 Posts
Exactly what kind of problem are you having?

Also, what kind of shape are the rear suspension bushings in? If they're sloppy, you'll have trouble "hooking up" no matter WHAT springs you use.

I bet a lot of the higher powered cars have DLF's delrin bushings, or aluminum, or at least brand new rubber bushings in the rear suspension.

RwP

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
what are your 60 foots?

I used to run eibachs, and I would run consistent 1.99 1.98 60's.
Now, I run stock springs in the rear with 2 coild cut off each, and QA1 coil overs up front, which netted me consistent 1.90, 1.88's.

·
Registered
836 Posts
They can work but are not optimal according to everyone running better 60 foots then me. I have cut 1.73's pretty consistently on a good track and 1.75's on a bad track. My car transfers weight pretty well due to an aluminum block though.

I assume you have eibach's now?

A note on bushings since it was mentioned. You need to check them often if racing or hot dogging on the street alot. I have to replace my sway bar bushings and rear knuckle bearings on a yearly basis. The knuckle bushings make it two to three years but delrin would be better in my opinion.

All this to say that tires play the most important part of your suspension setup. Slicks or cheater slicks are all I use now. I don't even bother with trying to get traction on the street. It's pointless unless you run drag radials or really wide tires. At least for me. Hence why I drive like an old person on a daily basis.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
full slicks here as well......as you can tell, paintme has/had more power when I was running those times.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,814 Posts
My Eibachs work good on the LX. rides decent & good handling ;) 1.7s on the 60ft

1 - 6 of 6 Posts