TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is pretty emberassing but my 95 bird is the first car ive had that used the oblong washer setup on the LCA's and i dont really know how they are supposed to keep the arms in place.
Somebody please explain it for me :confused:
Pictures would be great too, both sides (front and back) for a great visual tutorial? lol

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
(front) the washer on the head side of the bolt has some small splines to hold the washer to the bolt. The washer on the threaded end has a flat spot ( like a letter D) that matches to a flat spot on the bolt. The holes in the washers are eccentric (off center) So when you loosen the nut a little you can turn the bolt head with a wrench and it should spin the bolt/washer assmebly and move the lower arm in or out.

(rear) lower bolts/eccentics adjust toe and i have never messed with them. Camber in the rear is on the top arm at the inner mount.

·
Registered
839 Posts
so...what if in the process of removing the LCA you accidently tear off the washer on the head side of the bolt...? i didnt do it purposly..as i was loosing the bolt it just kinda ripped off lol...i looked at it like umm...hope that wasnt important...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts