TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I was having front wheel balancing issues (summer set) so I had a shop balance(roadforce) them, it was still happening so I took it too a second place to be rf'd ...Same thing.. Every wheel i've put on the front end does it, so it's not a wheel issue. They said the front was tight each time they checked. I took it to my friend to dig a little deeper and he stated the lca bushings have very very little play in them, but play nonetheless.

Would this make my steering wheel wobble intermittently at all speeds? It's not horrible, but it's their and annoying. This makes me think the rotors are bad too as i'm getting steering shake when I brake.

Can warped rotors cause wobbling even when the the brake is not applied?

Can a lca bushing with a hair of play make me think the rotors are warped?

Just trying to figure out my next step. Rotors or lca's.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd also like to add that the front end doesn't make any clunks or metal to metal noises. The only thing I hear is a little bushing squeek when it's under 40 degrees for the first 5 minutes of driving.

·
Super Moderator
9,245 Posts
Yes, warped rotors can cause the steering wheel to vibrate at speed if they're bad enough. If the rotor is warped and the strut rod bushings are worn even in the slightest, it will exaggerate the vibration in the steering wheel as well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The srb's look good and have about 15k on them so I don't think thats the issue. I'm going to replace my rotors (hopefully still under warranty) this weekend and see what happens. If it cures it i'll be estatic. :)

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
ANYTHING even slightly loose in the front end that will allow the wheel to move back and forth even slightly means the tire can shake at certain speeds. Personally, I've had balancing, rotors, tie rods (inner and/or outer), LCA/UCA (bushings and/or ball joints), and wheel bearings all cause wobbling in the wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts