TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all
I tried a couple of searches and found nothing with the specific info I need, so here goes;

I have all the bolts off of the passenger side LCA, but I need to get it off of the shock, cant seem to get the bolt out, and The front balljoint/bolt will not slide off (right below the caliper/spindle) . So any tips anyone has with removing would be appreciated. The good news is I dont have to work till monday at 500pm. Have been trying for like four hours!
Thanks in advance.
Jesse

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think Im barking up the wrong tree, I just need to remove one bolt and I think the whole assembley will slide off, but its so tight behind the shock I cant get enough leverage one it.:bangwall:

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Do you already have the nut off the shock bolt. If you do and cant get the bolt out you have to put a jack or something under and raise it slightly to take off pressure and lightly tap it out or pull it out. I believe all the weight is on that bolt thats why you cannot get it out. Oh and be careful not to ruin the threads

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mattscoug94-
Thanks bro, thats what the problem was. Funny how chiltons didnt mention that part. One side down, one to go.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Sure no prob i actually had that problem too when i first tried changing my rear shocks didnt know how actually low the control arm would go down with the shock off :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts