TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Or it could just be the water pump itself. I dont know about an 86 model but I know on mine, theres a weep hole on the back of the water pump that acts as an indicator for when your water pump is shot.

It pretty much just lets go when your pump does and coolant will drip through this hole in the back of the pump. Always better to check the easier things first.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
the waterpump shares a few bolt holes with the timing chain cover, so if there's a leak in the gasket that lets it through one of those holes, it'll fill that bolt hole, and could also possibly leak into the oil pan, which means coolant in the oil, which means bad. So check your oil and see if there's any oil in it. Looks like a possibly bad waterpump gasket.
-Thomas

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thomas said:
the waterpump shares a few bolt holes with the timing chain cover, so if there's a leak in the gasket that lets it through one of those holes, it'll fill that bolt hole, and could also possibly leak into the oil pan, which means coolant in the oil, which means bad. So check your oil and see if there's any oil in it. Looks like a possibly bad waterpump gasket.
-Thomas
Oil looks fine on the dipstick. Car hasnt been started for 4-5months, its been put up for the winter and its about time to get her out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts