TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I change my 180 thermostat, I noticed their was no gasket. Do they make our cars with no gasket?? I know it comes with an o ring , but I am leaking pretty badly and already tried to tighten it without stripping the bolts.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
theres not supposed to be a gasket. try replacing the o ring

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
RyanG said:
Don't want to scare you, but your intake may be cracked. If it has the plastic crossover, check it out.
i thought the same thing at first, but i think he has a 95

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
Here's the procedure listed in the 1995 Service Manual. You may just want to redo the installation.

Thermostat, Water

Removal

-Partially drain the cooling system so that the coolant level is below the water thermostat (8575) .
-Disconnect upper radiator hose (8260) at the water hose connection (8592) .
-Remove two water outlet connection retaining bolts and remove water hose connection and water hose connection gasket (8255) .

Installation

-Clean gasket surface on water hose connection and on intake manifold (9424) .

NOTE: To prevent incorrect installation of the water thermostat , the water hose connection on all engines contains a locking recess into which the water thermostat is turned and locked. Install the water thermostat with the bridge section in the water hose connection . Turn the water thermostat clockwise to lock it in position on the flats cast into the water hose connection .

-Position water thermostat , water hose connection gasket and water hose connection on the intake manifold . Install the two retaining bolts and tighten to 20-30 Nm (15-22 lb-ft).
-Connect upper radiator hose to water hose connection . Move new hose clamp to water hose connection . Make sure clamp is between alignment marks on hose.
-Fill cooling system with a 50/50 mixture of Ford Premium Cooling System Fluid E2FZ-19549-AA or -B (in Canada, Motorcraft CXC-8-B) or equivalent meeting Ford specification ESE-M97B44-A.
-Start engine and check all hoses and connections for leaks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts