TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been leaking coolant for a while now, and I can't seem to fix it. I replaced the lower radiator hose, and i thought that would fix the problem but it didn't
Are there any known issues w/ the lower water pump housing leaking? or would it be the water pump itself? The leaking seems to occur AFTER the engine is cold, and the coolant spot is always in the center of the car.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
I'd look at the water pump weep hole on the bottom of the water pump shaft snout. When the shaft seal/bearing start to wear out, coolant leaks through that hole to let you know that it's time for a new water pump.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
If the water pump is not leaking it is probably from your radiator. Seal between the core and plastic tank likes to weap when it gets old and it is cold out. If it is wet around the bottom of the radiator you need a new one to fix it. It will probably go away or get better when summer comes around.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Check to see if it is coming from the transmission housing. There is a short segment of heater hose from the back of the pump that connects to a hard line to the heater core at the firewall. it is about 4 inches long and under the intake. there is a hole at the back of the block that lets it flow into the tranny housing where the converter is and this will drip out the bottom, center. You have to remove the intake to get to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts