TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
97 tbird 4.6 motor. i got the thing running finally but i have a fuel leak from 2 injectors on driver bank cylinder 7 and 8. i replaced injector o rings and the fuel rail still sprays out above injector. Moved injectors and it still leaks in the same 7 & 8 spots. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix short of fuel rails being replaced?? if thats the answer im willing to do that so does anyone have one for sale ? can not find one anywhere on line

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep.. i found that after i made the initial post.. im really looking to see if anyone has a fix for it other than replacing it.. its weird to me that it dosent follow the injectors its the same ports its been in.. is there a different o ring for the top of the injector ? i just replaced all the rings on that one bank.. not the other side..

·
Super Moderator
5,131 Posts
The hold down may be slightly sprung up too; I'd consider carefully bending it a bit to force the rail down.

RwP

·
Super Moderator
5,131 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
♫ Come with me, and youll see, a WORLD full of OSHA violations♫
home garage. Don’t care about them.....

Umm ...

Without it being mounted, it'll spray like crazy there because the fuel pressure will unseat the injectors, and THEN it sprays!

This tells us nothing.

RwP
as you can see from one picture it leaks when it’s down and yes I know it’s worse when it’s up but even up those two are the only ones that do it. I can easily without first push them in and out by hand.

I’m going to pick n pull tomorrow and if they have one I’ll grab it to try.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Gotta admit; never seen that one before.

Is there corrosion in the socket?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gotta admit; never seen that one before.

Is there corrosion in the socket?
No not that I can see. The #8 was leaking when I put fuel to it originally. So I thought “hmm probably just needs a new o-ring” so I went and got a entire set of o rings thinking while I had that side out I would just replace them all. And then 7 started leaking and 8 for worse

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Where did you get O-rings?

If they weren't for gasoline they can dissolve.

I've made fuel rails; there's nothing magical about them.

As long as 1.) the right oring is in there, 2.) the socket isn't damaged, and 3.) the injector sits square in the bore, they don't leak.

You have one of those three problems.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got a new rail around pick n pull today. We will see if it’s better. I got the o rings from advance for the fuel injectors

1 - 14 of 14 Posts