TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the symptoms of a leaking valve body on a '94 4r70w? From all the reading I've done, it seems as though it has been a problem. My car seems to be lacking in the performance department. Any recalls on this problem? Thanks
-Rob

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
typically a leaking VB gasket creates a pressure leak, which depending on where it's leaking can cause all sorts of erratic operation. Usually the leaks happen shortly after reinstalling a valve body and improperly torquing the bolts... but that's not to say that it can't happen on its own. I'd check MLPS and other things if it's acting up first.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
When mine leaked, it would work just fine until the EEC told it to shift into third, at which point it would hit third for maybe half a second, could barely feel it engage, and then it would go into fourth. If I was at WOT then it was like 3rd didn't exist, cuz it would just skip it entirely and shift 1-2-4. Pressing the O/D button on the shifter didn't have any effect on it either, if it was in 4th it just stayed there, if it was in second then it would go straight to fourth...the OD OFF light would come on when the button was pressed, but the trans refused to go into 3rd. Retorquing the valvebody bolts fixed everything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts