TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After finding out i had a cat efficiency code, i brough the car in to have an estimate after putting the car on the lift there was trans fluid, oil, and fuel leaking. The oil was cleary leaking from the sending unit. I havent located the fuel leak which was definately raw fuel. My car has been idling rough and stalling lately which i thought was the cat going bad but apparently it might be something esle. is there anything that usually goes bad at 120-130k that would cause the fuel leak or do i have to start pulling stuff apart. any help would be great thanks +

·
5,650 Posts
There's nothing that commonly goes out to cause a fuel leak, but there's only so many places it can come from. If it is leaking at the engine, you have eight injector o-rings, the feed/return line connections, and the fuel pressure regulator to inspect. It's always possible that the nylon line that bridges the two sides of the rail could develop a leak but that's far less likely.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
You need to locate the fuel leak, plain and simple....we have no idea if it's near the gas tank or near the intake manifold.....how are we to know to even begin guessing?....there is no "typical component" that fails that causes a fuel leak

1 - 3 of 3 Posts