TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 3 months ago I would get a lean condition. A fuel pressure gage also indicated the pressure was dropping off when it would happen. I had the car dyno tested and EEC programed by Jerry and it never did it up till now. It will happen when I am cruising at say 70 downshift to 3ed (yes it is a 5 speed) and red line it at 7000 rpm. I have changed the following: 190 gph to a 255, fuel filter, and fuel regulator. I have also removed the FMU and had the proper fuel data programmed into the EEC. Those familure with AED will know what I mean.

The only thing I have not messed with is injectors which are 30 lbs. Could an injector cause this? It does not do it all the time and less with the new fuel pump.

AEDv8scc

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
My bet is the injectors, but you should wait on the experts to confirm/deny that.

·
Registered
724 Posts
If your fuel pressure is dropping at the same time that your going lean I would not think that it is the injectors. I believe that would signal you to look for something farther back in the system, like the pump, although you said you replaced it. Out of curiosity what numbers did you get on the dyno.

If you don't get a better reponse soon you might consider posting something in the supercharging section, you might get a better response.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
There was a thread recently on MD where a guy had installed a 255 but gotten the sock on the bottom of it cocked so that it restricted flow up top. When you removed the FMU did you get the vacuum lines reconnected to the FP regulator correctly

·
Registered
680 Posts
check electrical back to pump, check fuel filter, check for any kinds in the lines, anything that causes extra resistanse (backpressure) will contribute to this.

"Ultimately" a boost-a-pump is never a bad idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts